I've been writing this post in my head for days, but now that I sit down to celebrate completing the Whole30, I'm not sure where to start. My goals at the 30 days ago were to slay my sugar dragon and lower cholesterol without going on meds.  A blood test in the next few weeks will verify whether or not that goal was met. However, to my own surprise, after many failed attempts with other diet approaches, I am off sugar!  I can walk right past candy in any form, even my downfall -M&Ms, without feeling any temptation. The empowerment that I have experienced through the Whole30 was completely unexpected. The Whole30 gave me the structure that enabled me to develop a level of discipline and control I would not have imagined. Reading Melissa's honest, open posts on Instagram have inspired me in ways I can't quite verbalize. Thank you Melissa for your example, for your courage to share your experiences, and for your efforts to develop this life changing approach to nutrition. 

All that said: My plan is to follow the Whole30 schedule for re-introducing food groups into the diet. While I've read about this in the book and on the web site, I'd appreciate any suggestions and/or advice based on your experiences. My goal is to remain Whole30ish and avoid a total relapse. 

Archived