Whole30 #3, starting May 15

Raineyrk

Started today! I have a one month old and this is my third whole30. I am breastfeeding so I'm trying to eat 4 meals and make sure I eat extra fat to make sure my supply doesn't drop. I got pretty far off track during my pregnancy because most w30 food made me sick. I have been able to eat mostly whole 30 food for the past couple weeks. I'm very much looking forward to how I feel on w30- the extra energy is greatly needed! I am also hoping to improve my body composition. I'm hoping to lose some more of the pregnancy weight, but I care more about how I feel and how my clothes fit. I didn't work out (other than walking every day) during my pregnancy, so I lost a lot of strength and muscle tone  . I am feeling good enough to start working out again, so I'm going to try to do some kind of workout 3+ times a week. 

This weekend was crazy, so I ended up doing most of my cooking today - the food I ate wasn't the best, but it was compliant! 

M1: 2 sausage patties, 2 fried eggs, handful of roasted sweet potatoes, half an avacado, and some berries 

M2: way thrown off by a dr appt at lunchtime, plus I burned my first try because I got distracted. Result - sausage patties, steamed spinach, two fried eggs, marinara sauce, berries, and eventually half a can of coconut milk. Got interrupted when little miss woke up, so I'm not sure how much of that I actually ate. 

M3: 1.5 palm size Buffalo chicken, fist of roasted red potatoes, half an avocado. 

Hopefully be able to exercise and eat another meal tonight - we'll see how well the little one sleeps this evening!

Day 2

M1: hash with sweet potatoes, a piece of compliant bacon, two sausage patties, and two fried eggs

M2: 3 sausage patties, fistful of butternut squash and a little less than one of red potatoes, sautéed peppers, marinara sauce, half an avocado, and some strawberries and blackberries

i drank a can of coconut milk throughout the afternoon 

M3: butternut squash, sausage, marinara sauce, and a banana with sunbutter. 

So tired last night I forgot to log day 3! Only got 4 hours of sleep the night before and then ended up having a super busy day! 

Day 3

M1 - same as day 2, except I also had coffee blended with coconut cream and coconut oil - it was delicious and is definitely going to be a new staple for me, it makes it much easier to eat fat at breakfast! 

M2 - ended up not getting to eat until mid-afternoon, about 7 hours after M1! Because I had eaten w30 food for breakfast I was ok, just exhausted. M2 was 2 palm sizes of Buffalo chicken, about 1.5c cauliflower rice, handful of green beans, half an avocado, and about 2 c of watermelon. I'm the only one in my house who eats watermelon, and it's one of my favorite things to eat in the summer - I will be eating a lot over the next couple days so it doesn't go bad. 

M3/snack - can of coconut milk blended with a cup of frozen berries 

Baby projectile vomits on herself, me, and the sofa. Bath time for everyone, then fussy baby for the evening until she finally fell back asleep about 10pm

more watermelon 

M4 - more Buffalo chicken and cauliflower rice - eaten while trying to get LO to sleep. I set it down to take her to bed and my dog helped himself :-/ Still got most of it though. I also ate a banana and sun butter.

I wanted to eat another real meal, but was too tired. 

Day 4 so far... 

I finally got pork carnitas cooking - can't wait until they are done! Really looking forward to supper tonight. 

M1: same blended coffee, three eggs scrambled with bell peppers, fist size of sweet potatoes with one sausage patty 

M2 will be Buffalo chicken, green beans, avocado, and watermelon. Maybe also some butternut squash if I'm really hungry, but that doesn't sound like it'd go well with Buffalo chicken 

M3: pork carnitas with baked sweet potato and either sunshine sauce (if I get a chance to make some today) or coconut cream (mixed into the sweet potato). Probably more watermelon.  

I will also try to drink a can of coconut milk at some point, probably this afternoon. 

So tired last night I forgot to log day 3! Only got 4 hours of sleep the night before and then ended up having a super busy day! 

Day 3

M1 - same as day 2, except I also had coffee blended with coconut cream and coconut oil - it was delicious and is definitely going to be a new staple for me, it makes it much easier to eat fat at breakfast! 

M2 - ended up not getting to eat until mid-afternoon, about 7 hours after M1! Because I had eaten w30 food for breakfast I was ok, just exhausted. M2 was 2 palm sizes of Buffalo chicken, about 1.5c cauliflower rice, handful of green beans, half an avocado, and about 2 c of watermelon. I'm the only one in my house who eats watermelon, and it's one of my favorite things to eat in the summer - I will be eating a lot over the next couple days so it doesn't go bad. 

M3/snack - can of coconut milk blended with a cup of frozen berries 

Baby projectile vomits on herself, me, and the sofa. Bath time for everyone, then fussy baby for the evening until she finally fell back asleep about 10pm

more watermelon 

M4 - more Buffalo chicken and cauliflower rice - eaten while trying to get LO to sleep. I set it down to take her to bed and my dog helped himself :-/ Still got most of it though. I also ate a banana and sun butter.

I wanted to eat another real meal, but was too tired. 

Day 4 so far... 

I finally got pork carnitas cooking - can't wait until they are done! Really looking forward to supper tonight. 

M1: same blended coffee, three eggs scrambled with bell peppers, fist size of sweet potatoes with one sausage patty 

M2 will be Buffalo chicken, green beans, avocado, and watermelon. Maybe also some butternut squash if I'm really hungry, but that doesn't sound like it'd go well with Buffalo chicken 

M3: pork carnitas with baked sweet potato and either sunshine sauce (if I get a chance to make some today) or coconut cream (mixed into the sweet potato). Probably more watermelon.  

I will also try to drink a can of coconut milk at some point, probably this afternoon. 

Day 5 

M1- 2 cups of the blended coffee, one was decaf. 1.5 palm sizes of pork, handful of butternut squash, 2tbsp of sunshine sauce, cup of watermelon 

M2 - about a cup of cauliflower rice, same of sautéed kale, 2 palm sizes of pork, dump ranch

half a can of coconut milk, half a banana and some sunbutter. 

M3-when my in laws come over to hold little miss I'll have a sweet potato, pork, ranch, some bell peppers and carrots dipped in the ranch, and maybe some watermelon. 

I'm starting to look forward to my meals, not just because I'm hungry, but because I love this food! Last night was the first night I've had cravings, but overall this time has been easier mentally. I'm tired of feeling how I felt eating junk while I was pregnant. 

Day 6 

M1: Ate a big breakfast in preparation for a busy day. I had a large size serving of red potatoes and butternut squash, small palm size of pork, two fried eggs and blended coffee (didn't get to drink all my coffee) 

M2: chicken and fruit salad at Panera with my extended family. I got extra chicken, and the salad was huge and had pecans (I didn't eat the dressing) but I still knew I was going to be hungry soon 

M3: Sips of coconut milk and a Rx bar running errands 

M4: cauliflower rice, pork, and sunshine sauce - by this point I was so hungry I was weak and dizzy! So it was a pretty big meal - but I was still hungry after. We all took a huge nap, and I woke up hungry again so I'm going to eat another small meal 

M5: small fist full of roasted red potatoes, two fried eggs, sips of coconut milk 

Clearly, my appetite kicked in today! 

Day 7 

M1: sweet potatoes, 3 scrambled eggs, blended coffee

M2/snack wasn't until about 3pm, so by that time I was weak, cranky, and incredibly hungry. And we had no meat cooked.  I ate a larabar, half a can of coconut milk, and a sweet potato with sunshine sauce. Needless to say, I was still hungry and didn't feel great, but it was compliant. 

M3: hamburger pattie with a fried egg and an avocado, roasted red potatoes with ranch 

more blended decaf coffee 

Day8 

M1: leftover hamburger patty, half an avocado, fried egg, sweet potato, blended coffee, Apple 

M2: 2 Apple gate hot dogs, about 2 c cauliflower rice, a sautéed squash and a sautéed zucchini (about 2c), coconut milk blended with a cup of frozen berries 

question - sometimes when I go to drink a can of coconut milk the fat is easy to mix in; sometimes it's hard and chunky. Am I just not shaking the can enough sometimes? If the fat mixes in I'm fine drinking it by itself, but if not I have to blend it with something to fix the consistency. Tips appreciated :) 

M3: one applegate hotdog, fistful of roasted sweet potato, strawberries and blackberries

ive been surprised how hard it is to food prep with a newborn - and just how hard it is to find time to cook and eat in general! It was causing a lot of stress, so I decided to relax, eat on her schedule, and not stress about making everything perfect. It made today much more pleasant. My milk supply has finally evened out so that little miss is getting a good balance of fore and hind milk. Also, my bloating is less, and I'm starting to see a change in how my stomach looks! Very encouraging :) 

Day 9 

larabar at first feeding

M1: 4scrambled eggs with coconut milk, sweet potatoes, blended coffee 

M2: sausage, butternut squash, tomato sauce 

larabar and half a can of coconut milk 

M3: one applegate hotdog, sweet potatoes, half a can of coconut milk 

M4: crock pot beef roast, sweet potatoes 

little one ate for hours yesterday afternoon/evening, so I was starving! 

Day 10 

M1: pork, sweet potatoes, sunshine sauce 

M2: pork, cauliflower rice, blended coffee 

M3: roast beef, spiraled carrots, tomato sauce, can of coconut milk, blueberry Rx bar

Day 11 

Half an Rx bar at each middle of the night feeding (1&5) - really helped combat my hunger 

M1- (9ish, while breastfeeding) pork, cauliflower rice, watermelon, blended coffee 

M2- (1ish) roast beef, carrot spirals, half a can of coconut milk 

Snack (5/6ish) Rx bar, half a can of coconut milk 

M3- (8) pork, sweet potato, ranch

Archived