Starting today Jun 4th

Luzidity

Newbie...well sort of!

This is my 3rd attempt! I was successful in June 2015.  Then I tried again at the beginning of the year;  and failed within days. Why am I truing again after so long? I recently moved to Texas and now my health is in jeopardy, because of my horrible eating habits and my weight just keeps climbing up.  I can't blame Texas,  but I can blame myself in having ZERO control of what I've eaten since becoming a resident. It's the food lottery down here! I'm hoping to tackle this attempt differently; as in adding more variety ( during my first cycle, I pretty much ate the same things for 30 days, LOL) and using the app Real Plans. I will not prepare foods for the week as I am not a fan of leftovers. I planned my meals late last night and grabbed all my supplies this morning! Wish me well. I wish everyone the best!!! 

I started this program June 4 too.  Day 2 and so far so good...except, hey, I ate healthy for one day, why am I not seeing results?  :wacko:

So, my mind knows better than that, but somehow a part of me always expects to see a difference as soon as I don't eat junk.  I'm looking forward to seeing and feeling a difference.  Hoping this will also help my scatterbrain...would be nice to go into a room in my house and not forget why I went in there.

Good luck to you, Luzidity, and everyone else starting this on June 4.  Hey...we get to add something back in on July 4th!  :D

Hi! 

You crack me up! Is this your fist round?

Yes I would love immediate results as well.  How are you feeling after day 2? I'm having tummy troubles but last night I was so tired I actually fell asleep at a decent hour and a normal's day sleep. I suffer from insomnia, so that was an awesome result!

Let my know when your brain starts to settle down! Best of luck and drop me a line anytime!

Yep...first round on the Whole30.  Day 3 now and not feeling too bad.  I have the insomnia thing too.  Too many things on the to do list.  That's awesome you got a good night's rest.

Here's to seeing this thing through and feeling great!  Let's both stick with it!

Theresa!

I'm glad to hear you had a decent day. Mine wasn't so bad. I did have the munchies, but I did a good job of satisfying that with lime water...exciting right? LOL. Let me know if you see any changes! My first round I saw a drop in blood pressure ( i was not high though) my skin was glowing!!! People even commented all the time--that was the best part! I didn't feel so foggy brain and of course i lost some pounds. 

Are you subscribing to the emails? I forget what they are called but they sure help. 

Yes, lets help each other other. Also, last round i posted on Instagram and about 70 people started to follow, that helped a whole bunch! They had ideas for meals and just general support. Try that if you haven't already.

Cheers for a great Day 4!!!

I feel ya!  I went through some of that too. Yesterday was day 12 and it was the hardest for me. I got off work at 3PM and went home and crashed. I was so exhausted and just wanted to throw in the towel. My husband let me sleep and made my  lunches for today and tomorrow!! I didn't get out of bed until 5:30 this morning to get ready for work. Today is going much better!

How are things progressing for you all?

Hi there!

I did the whole 30 in April and extended because I made a bad choice (scallops in butter) at a restaurant. I will say I did not have the big changes (Sugar Demon and Tiger Blood), but there was some bloating the first week. What I did find was that I was not hungry (follow the Whole30 Meal Template), had no cravings and was sleeping better. I did drop 9.4 pounds after the first 30 days. People remarked that I looked healthy (was I ill looking before? LOL).

I then went on vacation to Barcelona where I broke all the rules and have still been in vacation mode. But I have been feeling sluggish and tired. So, I made the commitment to do another Whole 30. I do use Real Plans but find I cannot fill every meal as I flex with leftovers and some things that just simple for me - salad with canned tuna, nuts, raisins, olive oil and fresh lemon juice. I make a batch of vegetable soup with bone broth and freeze portions. Then add some type of protein (eggs. leftover meat, canned chicken). Real Plans helped me find creative cooking for nights when I have the time. 

I was a big consumer of Skinny Cinnamon Dulce Lattes - I had one this past weekend and I could not drink it! I now drink good coffee or Americanos (espresso with hot water) black. I do not miss the milk/cream. As for the sugar/sugar substitute  . . . I am sweet enough! 

Today is Day 1, Whole30 2. I am 9 days behind those who started June 4. This. Is. Not. Hard. 

Diane

Archived