Hysterectomy and Estrogen Therapy

Jeanine Conner

Hi,

I had a hysterectomy in May of this year due to endometriosis, adenomyosis and fibroids. I was put on estrogen therapy and immediately gained 10 pounds. Along with all of that I have Sjogren's syndrome,Hashimoto's and anemia. Trying to work out on a regular basis without fatigue and hot flashes seemed impossible. I was lucky if I could work out once a week. I thought my diet was good, I did Paleo but I realized that many meats and condiments had sugar and I was still using Stevia. My weight didn't budge much. It was only after I started the Whole 30 that I finally started to lose a couple of pounds and feel good after a workout.

I was wondering if anyone's had a complete hysterectomy and was able to get off the estrogen therapy with this diet? My doctor scared the bejesus out of me telling me that I'd have bladder problems, vaginal atrophy and severe hot flashes if I quit the estrogen therapy. The estrogen isn't really helping with the hot flashes but I did compromise and take it only every other day but I'd LOVE to be off it completely. I'm 42 yrs old. My doctor said I'd probably be on it till 55 yrs old.

Thanks,

Jeanine

Archived