9/5/17 = First Whole30 Day Completed...Successfully!

skichick

My personal goal for this year is to lose 50 lbs. in 50 weeks ("50-in-50"), which I know is very doable. I am 5'4" and weighed 185 in January; the most I have ever weighed in my life. Yuck. I was doing well and losing a pound per week (or more) until July when I hit a plateau. I haven't gained any weight back, but I stopped losing, so I knew I needed to try something different. A Pastor from church mentioned Whole30 in one of his sermons, which was the first I had ever heard of it. My sister-in-law said her coworkers were starting a Whole30 challenge at work. A friend said her daughter and son-in-law had just started the Whole30 program. All of those mentions of the Wole30 in just a couple of days was enough for me. So I ordered a couple of the Whole30 books and started my Whole30 journey!

Hi! My husband and I are starting today (9/6). After a lot of research we decided on the Whole30 because we get to eat flavorful, real food and to me it doesn't feel like we're depriving ourselves of anything.

If you haven't ordered the cookbook, I highly recommend it. We tried a couple of recipes already and they were delicious!

I currently have the Slow cooker Italian Pot Roast in the crock pot. Dinner is going to be good tonight.

I am also way over the maximum weight that I told myself I'd ever allow myself to get. My goal is to lose about 75 pounds (and keep it off) and I decided that the Whole30 plan was best because it will allow me to develop the healthy food mindset I haven't been able to initiate on my own. Now I just need to get a gym membership and get moving more.

See ya around!

Archived