Accountabilibuddy - Oct. W30

Gwyneth J.N.

Hey all. Yesterday was a pretty easy food day. Not that interesting because Im eating leftovers right now. Question for any of you who have done Whole30 in the past... offroading at the end. I typically end up binging on noncompliant food. I can be good for a while then go crazy. Any advice or tips for remaining compliant or just not binging?

Yesterday

PWO - meatball

Post WO - some of my breakfast egg

Breakfast - coffee with kalifa, 2 eggs, zucchini, slices of sweet potato fried in coconut oil with coconut milk on top

Lunch - meatballs, spaghetti squash, coconut milk, and RAOs marinara (amazingly delicious and compliant store bought sauce).

snack of a hardboiled egg to tide me over until dinner... late night because of kids sports

Dinner - same as lunch, apple, almond butter

Today

Breakfast - coffee with kalifa, 2 eggs, zucchini, slices of sweet potato fried in coconut oil with coconut milk on top

Lunch - banana, almond butter, cauliflower rice, meatballs, marinara, coconut milk

Dinner - planning on a spaghetti squash and chicken bake... found the recipie somewhere and its supposed to be amazing... I'll post our reactions tomorrow!

Hi all!

I'm still hanging in there... lots of GI issues today... I ate a supposedly compliant salad while out to eat with my family at lunch today - and I am questioning that lettuce.  Yuck.  So, my meal plan for today is a bit off.  I don't think I'll be doing supper this evening, due to stomach upset.

Also - I have done a mug of bone broth the last three mornings in a row.... My dad is visiting with us this week and he swears that my stomach is upset from the bone broth, he says I need to "hit that stuff gradually"... LOL.  Anyone ever have any experience drinking bone broth?  I have started it to help protect my joints, I'm a solid girl and I like to run, so I want to keep stuff healthy.  Thoughts?

Keep it up everyone!  And if you haven't gotten the new NomNom Paleo cookbook and are a fan of Michelle Tam, DO IT!  We got it this week (Amazon, like$20) and it is so creative, detailed, inventive, and FUN!  I'm going to be inspired for ages with this one.

Michelle  :)

Hey everyone, 

I'm having a hard time with this challenge today. It started with my lunch of chicken salad and tahina that's wasn't tasty so I tossed it and then I got hangry and frustrated that I'm doing this challenge because I really like to eat tasty food.

Then work was busy so I couldn't do what I needed to get done. And now I'm going to a young professionals event so eating my shrimp and veggies before I go.  There'll be tons of food and drinks and I could really use a glass of wine right now! 

I will do this challenge to the end and thank you for being here so I can be accountable and be true to my word. 

I need to plan and eat better tomorrow. 

Have a good night 

Hello everyone, 

We've all had different days. This is my first time with W30 and I felt so good today, like tiger's blood! ( that's from the book)

I will stick through this because I'm a rule follower and I'm so pleased that I'm having a bowel movement everyday and today my stomach didn't feel bloated. 

I think we all just need to stick with the plan and trust the process! 

Moe 

Hello,

I wanted to jump back in after my long weekend and let you all know that I didn't do too badly. Pretty pleased, all in all, at how the weekend went. It was nice to get away and not blow up... :-)

D9 Meal 1 hardboiled eggs

Meal 2 almonds/apple

Meal 3 pork roast infused with whole garlic/broccoli/apple/Lara Bar/Zucchini

Coming off the weekend, I have to do some food prep and meal planning. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi everyone - 

Sorry I've not been on here.  I signed up on my laptop and assumed that the password I chose would automatically fill in on my iphone using keychain and I could post in this forum via my phone.  It didn't, and I've been without my laptop until now.  So I've been absent but I'm back with my laptop and here I am!

I appreciate reading over everyone's struggles and small victories.  Thank you for sharing.

I've been compliant as far as I know.  I had two meals out this week and I strongly suspect that the restaurant used butter on my potatoes even though I'd asked them not to.  So I'm struggling with whether I should extend my round by another 10 days.

I've lost a little weight.  It's hard to tell if the diet is helping my chronic pain disorder because I had some dental work almost 3 weeks ago that has provoked some at times excruciating tooth pain.  It turns out I now need a root canal (!), which will happen on Tuesday.  Hopefully after that settles I'll have a better idea of where the rest of my body is at.

I have a sleep disorder that has me up at hours when the rest of my family is asleep.  I don't cook meals during those times because I don't want to wake anyone up.  So I graze.  Hopefully this won't prevent me from seeing the full benefits of the program?

I hope everyone else is doing well.  I found a Facebook group called Whole 30 Support Group which has been super helpful in terms of recommending recipes and determining which supermarket foods are compliant.  I recommend it!

Hello DE, I am not sure if I am doing this forum right. I went away for the weekend a week ago and was without any internet signal for about 4 days. When I jumped back on to check in I didn't get any responses... So, I didn't know if I was even connecting... 

I will check out the Whole 30 support group on FB. Thanks for the tip! Sounds like you are doing well, keep up the good work. I guess you have to decide about the butter on the potato or extend another 10 days. The W30 book would say to start over but you do what keeps you going or what you think best. I think in the spirit of W30 they would say to press restart in order to give your body a chance to really heal from the inflammation and such that dairy causes. 

I don't have a sleep disorder per say but I do find myself up often in the night. I think the best policy to help your body reset is to only eat the three meals a day without any snacks. You are trying to retrain your brain as well. So those extra "meals" don't help the cause in creating new pathways in the brain. What else could you do during that time instead of eating: take a shower/bath, journal, read, play solitaire, jump on to the forum and log how things are going and what your struggling with in that moment, exercise. 

Perhaps your post got through to the rest of the accountability group. I hope so. Mine didn't seem to go anywhere. :-(

Pray the root canal goes well tomorrow and the pain subsides. I've never had any real tooth issues to speak of but I hear that can be very painful. 

I got the book that Gwyneth spoke of in her first post, "The Four Tendencies." It has really got me thinking about what motivates me and what I am going to need to do in order to accomplish my goal of losing weight, sleeping 7 - 8 hours per night, have some quiet time, and exercise 3-4 times per week. I realize I need to have some accountability parameters in place. I felt like I lost that when I got back from my weekend away (which, btw, I stayed compliant mostly because I wanted to give a good report to this group) and didn't receive any response. I'm a little techno challenged so I am sure I am not doing the forum thing correctly....  

Anyway, I wanted you to know you reach someone and I'm rooting for you. This would mark the 1/2 way point but I know I have more to do so I plan to stick with it until at least Thanksgiving. Even then, I hope I have new habits in place by then and will be just living out the new habits by then. 

Blessings, Winifreddie

Thanks, DE, for responding. Sorry about the root canal - I think I would break the rule just keep with the W30 ingredients that are compliant and call it good. For me, I am at the point where I am trying to make this a lifestyle vs a diet (that ends). With situations in life we need to make adjustments. Don't let the root canal wipe out all the good you have done this far. Keep at it, I don't think you will be disappointed if you do.

My W30 is going well. I had a really good day yesterday. Find I do better if I am able to plan and prepare ahead of time. I have to work extra on Saturday so I am taking today off and plan to do some shopping and cooking. 

I am dragging already today, however, as I did not sleep very well at all last night. I really want better sleep... So, hopefully W30 will help in that department. I'm going to Dr in November and sleep is on my list of maladies to discuss. 

I started another post "I can't help this feeling" if you care to visit. There is someone else there who also wanted an accountability partner so you could join us there if that works for you. In addition, knowing myself, I have asked someone to be an accountability partner face-to-face where I live. I am trying to set up as many parameters for success as I can. Thus the Dr visit, this forum, the friend in town, and next I may even go to the gym and set up a meeting with a trainer. 

Praying the pain from the root canal subsides and you are able to stick with the W30 plan! Have a great day!!! ;-)

Blessings, Winifreddie

Hi Winifreddie,

Thanks for your kind wishes.  The root canal was awful and the pain is only now starting to subside.  I can't believe I only have one week left on Whole30.  I can feel my clothes fitting much more loosely.  Not sure if I can attribute the weight loss to the diet or to the tooth pain and lessened eating!  Oh well.  It's hard to tell what other benefits I might be seeing because the tooth pain has clouded over everything for the past month!  So I think I need to carry on with the diet to get a sense of that.  My intention is to continue the diet in a modified form.  I will be away at a residential learning opportunity for the month of November, so there is only so much their kitchen can accommodate.  Then I will allow myself a more relaxed December, and start again in January.

How is your final week going?

Dea

I only recently realized I hadn't responded... Sorry...

DE - So glad the pain has subsided. Sounds awful! Glad to hear you are having success for what ever reason. I bet eating more "clean" and making better food choices has certainly played a role! I know I am going to carry on with this way of eating. I just seem to feel better overall and less controlled by the sugar addiction. I like the fact that i am not hungry all the time, that I am not measuring, counting, and weighing all the time. I equally like the fact that I don't feel as much a slave to food. I still struggle, don't get me wrong, but it is less. The clothes feel looser but, I am sill not where I'd like to be. I still do not sleep well. Ugh... I plan to carry on and am trying to just make this a life change. So, perhaps I'll run into you again in January. Keep up the good work and finish strong! Only one more week left. You can do it!

Archived