Help! Supplement to help with chronic ear and sinus infections

myhatt

My 12 year old has had environmental allergies most of his life. They have definitely improved while eating a mostly whole9 diet. This time of year though they are so much worse and has gotten 2 ear infections since Oct 20 and now has a sinus infection as well. He was on augmentin in Oct and just started zpack on Monday. He does the netti pot and steam in the shower, is on a nasal spray and allergy medicine. I hate this for him and am hoping a supplement in addition to whole foods will help.

He had his adenoids out 3 years ago and has an appointment with his ENT on Friday.

My poor sweet son is miserable but never complains and keeps his sweet happy disposition. I HATE he is going through this and will do anything to help him.

I'm wondering about this also. I'm about 2 wks into the whole30. Have been dairy free before hand and fairly strict paleo with the exception of a few treats and fruity drinks in the Caribbean over thanksgiving.

I've always had horrible allergies and chronic sinus issues. I went to the allergist this wk. I'm allergic to a ridiculous amount of things ranging from the typical dust mites and animals to pork and roaches (ew). I stay hydrated. Eat enough. Work out daily. Sleep 8 hrs. Have little stress. But I think my sinuses are just destined to be annoying to me haha

Mostly it's the dreaded frontal sinuses headache that gets me but any relief suggestions would be great. I've googled And searched the forum, but I'd love some more suggestions. Thanks!

Finally my little man is feeling better! The ENT prescribed a medicated (antibiotic) nasal rinse using a nettie pot. I am thinking that is what he should have been doing from the beginning rather than the zpack, the medicine gets where it need to go directly rather than traveling through his whole body.

I also put him on a liquid high potency vitamin c supplement that has lots of other great stuff in it. It's called ACF by Buried Treasure and it gluten, wheat, yeast and dairy free! "ACF formula combines high quality herbs and nutrients to support a healthy immune system...." I plan on keeping this stuff on for when he starts to drag and his allergies act up.

I am thankful he is feeling better and hope this information is helpful to those suffering the same problems.

Archived