First time, starting Dec 14!

BrittanyQ

I would love to jump in tomorrow! I'm ready and in need of some self-care and changes . I've  been

mostly living a paleo lifestyle for about 5 years, but I've gotten lazy + stress = crappy

habits. I can feel the poor choices and see it on my doughy body ;) .

Good luck!

Ruth

Yeah I discovered paleo in 2013 and wish I could say I've been 80-90% but far from it! I've been meaning to do a modified Whole30 since I'm pregnant but figured I may as well just stick to the plan as written. If you want to keep in touch daily let's stick to this thread! I also joined a December Facebook group but it seems pretty dead despite having 700 people. https://www.facebook.com/groups/293882494425714/

Do you already have what you need? My pantry is stocked well with Whole30 staples, and I mostly have produce and meat in the fridge right now. I will just have to throw out the dairy products I have and make sure to eat plenty of Whole30-approved calcium sources. A little sad because I have some paleo/gluten-free pancake mixes and paleo pizza flour in the cupboard that will have to wait until February. 

I wouldn't say I'm "ready" but I have plenty of meal options & left overs to keep me full.

I'll be picking up groceries today to fill in. I find for me that I really need to work on planning

ahead and have things already in the fridge. My family keeps very odd hours and I'm in college

so by the time its meal time, I'm tired & don't want to cook or everyone else has eaten. 

I'm on semester break now and have hopes to work on the planning ahead and getting back to

good habits before going back to school next month

Ruth

Well i'm off to a very rocky start, but today is a new day and I'm determined to make good choices.

Yesterday I looked up lots of Whole 30 freezer meals and crockpot freezer meals to help

me with meals during my next semester. If I have the protein portion planned out all

I have to do is fill in with salad or roasted veggies and then i'll have leftovers to pack for lunches.

I started on Friday the 15th. You can do this! I definitely find that creating a meal plan for the week, going shopping for it, and cutting up everything and cooking some of it ahead of time makes for way easier to stay on track. I do that on Sundays for Monday - Thursday/Friday and Fridays for Friday - Sunday. I'm doing the make ahead breakfast egg "muffin cups" for breakfasts, salads for lunch, and a meat with cooked veggies for dinner. 

It was WAY easier to say no to the office donut holes on Friday since I simply didn't have the option to eat them. Normally I would have eaten 7-8 throughout the day. I've done one Whole30 (without proper reintroduction) before but have also have 2 or 3 "failed" Whole30's where I stopped after a week or two. Remembering how good the complete Whole30 felt compared to how disappointing the failed Whole30's were is something I'm trying to keep at the front of my mind. This one will be a success including the reintroduction! Keep telling yourself that :)

Thanks for the encouragement Amy! even though my beginning has not gone the way I wanted I can still see the progress I'm making.

Normally I slip and it would end in a week of poor choices and being hard on myself. Now, I've made some poor choices but i've decided

to just start again with the next meal and extend myself some grace. I know that for me a paleo lifestyle is just that, a Paleo Lifestyle

and going through this whole 30 is helping me get back to what is best for my health. 

Here's to a new day!! :D

Starting today december 18th.  I don't have a lot of support at home.  Thought I could get it here.  

Hang in there Ruth. I think its a good idea to start again with the next meal.  This time of year is hard. I started last week, but fell off also. Had some wine.   Starting again, but posting on the forum to help me stay on track.

Excited to start feeling better.

Patti

Ruth, 

It's never too late to turn it around! It starts with each meal. 

1 hour ago, Clynn423 said:

Love this support! I decided to give this a try. I have heard great things about Wh 30

i need all the support I can get!

is bulletproof coffee legal?

how about coconut oil?

When are you starting?

Bulletproof coffee is legal if you were to make it with ghee and MCT oil, but not butter. Ghee is something you can find online or Whole Foods. On the other hand, if you drink bulletproof coffee to skip breakfast and don't eat until lunch, then you're not really following the Whole30 meal template. 

Coconut oil is totally fine. Here's the "shopping list" which is essentially just a huge list of foods that are allowed on Whole30. I like to refer to it when I make a meal plan.

I'm so glad we have a couple more people in our group!! Thanks for the kind words everyone

I love bullet proof coffee but it needs to be tweaked for the whole30 like Amy said. I like to add

1 drop of food grade peppermint oil to mine & it feels like a treat. I also can't skip breakfast

& just have bulletproof coffee, it isn't enough to keep me going till lunch & makes me feel a little

too wired ;)

I'm going to make a roasted broccoli/shallot soup today

Ruth

Day 6 for me, so far so good, but cravings and temptations have hit! I try not to mention specifically what they are because I don't want to trigger anything in anyone else. :) 

I've been surviving on made-ahead egg/sweetpotato/bacon muffins for breakfast, salads for lunch, and a cooked meat with veggies for dinner. It's easy - I just buy a bunch of veggies and meat options, pre cut and wash the veggies, and then I can just mix and match as the week goes on based on which combo I feel like.  Last night I got a little fancy with Thai Chicken Red Curry, but it just took so long to simmer, mix ingredients, clean up, I definitely can't do that every day.

Good for you Amy!! I love how simple you've keep your meals . Just reading your post has given me some freedom from thinking that meals need to be different or new or extra special! I'm going to get some cooking done today to have quick meals ready since this is such a busy time of the year for me

Happy Thursday!

Ruth

Hey Guys, I started December 18th. This is my 2nd Whole 30, did my last one at the beginning of the year! 

I was wondering, do you guys notice any changes? The first time I did W30 I slept like a baby, but for some reason this time around I am not having its taking me longer to fall asleep and then I just have crazy dreams! Anyone else?

Archived