Starting anew. Gonna rock 2013!

Lyn2

Hello, all! I used to be "Lyn1" on here but I forgot my password and it won't send me an e-mail with it....even though it says it has. Anyway, I just opened a new profile and now I'm "Lyn2"! Also, I have no idea why I can't get it to post my pic any other way than sideways. Oh well!

I feel like I need to start fresh anyway. I did a whole 30 in July and felt great! Although I didn't lose the weight I wanted, it was a good wake up call to eating Paleo. I try to eat Paleo most of the time, but lately I have been giving in to all the Christmas treats around. ...and i've gained 5 pounds. :-(

My goal this time is to slay that sugar dragon once and for all! (Am a bit of a sugar addict!) I am going to start a whole 60 on Jan. 1st with no fruit for the first 2 weeks. Also, I need to watch the coconut. ( manna, butter, cream, etc.) I went a little crazy with it the first time. In addition, I've read the GAPS book and I'm going to do the induction phase of that for the first week. (To balance out my gut flora.) I have high hopes that it will help my toddler with some of her issues too.

In the meantime, I'll be grain and sugar-free but allow myself some Paleofied treats before the Jan. 1st start date. I guess there are going to be a LOT of you starting then too? I'm excited. Let's rock it!

"Gut and Psychology" by Dr. natasha Campbell-McBride. It makes a lot of sense. It's similar to w30 but it does allow cultured dairy and honey.....which I will eliminate while I'm on my w60. And thanks! I like being unique. :-)

Am on Day 6! So far, so good. Well, except for some macadamia nuts that turned out to have canola oil. Of course, I noticed it AFTER I ate them. Blerg! Oh well, I'm doing a w60 anyway so I'm going to just continue.

Successes so far:

1. Survived boring teacher meetings where everyone was eating donuts and cake and flavored coffee. I brought some plaintain-coconut rooibus tea in a thermos and enjoyed that instead.

2. Am getting used to black coffee. If you grind your own, it's kinda like win where you can realy taste the subtleties of the flavor.

3. Made some of those "meat muffins" from Well Fed to have on hand for a quick meal.

4. Learned to make my own sauerkraut! Probiotics without the dairy. :-)

5. Had date night with hubby where we went to see a movie, but did not eat anything. Made steaks when we got home. (Previously, date night always involved bad food or drink of some sort.)

Okay, so I'm on Day 11 and the weirdest thing has happened: I no longer like coffee!! It tastes bitter and burned to me. At first, I thought I just had bad coffee, but I've tried several different kinds......including my favorite Sumatran roast that I used to LOVE! This didn't happen last time. Weird.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Archived