day four & an introduction

Alexandrajean

Hi! I started my whole30 on December 26th, meaning I'm at the top of day four. I must say that I'm feeling amazing. Luckily I haven't been hit with any major withdrawal-type symptoms and for the most part (despite having been on a major sugar binge for the last... Oh I don't know... month?), the first four days have been delightfully eye-opening! The number of temptations there are in every day life, especially this time of year, is a little outrageous. What's even more outrageous is the number of times I give in to temptations when faced with them. This has definitely been an exercise in self control and will power - something I wasn't sure I ever had. But I do! And this realization makes me feel strong and in control of my life again!

Good luck to all of you!

Hi, Alexandra. I'm excited to hear you are on Day 4. That's awesome!

I am starting Day 1 today. I've been eating Paleo off and on for the last few months and I love how I feel when I commit to it. I find that if I slip just a little it is like sliding down a mountain, ha ha. So I can really relate to your post!

Best of luck to you!

Amy

Hey Alexandra!

I have to say I'm a little jealous - I'm on Day 4 too and I don't feel anything ... but I guess nothing is better than feeling crappy or worse.

I'm doing this so I can wake up in the morning without beating on my alarm clock, to get off my medications and to slay my sugar dragon, so I'm really looking forward to this!

I've read the book, gone through a lot of the website and signed up for the daily emails (which I have yet to received :( ), so I'm 100% compliant and ready to kick some butt!

Back to my workouts Monday, going to buy some sweet potato baby food for post wo meal ... hoping I like it :P

Hope your awesome feeling keeps up!!

Chelle

Hi Chelle!

Stick with it! I think the big energy typically comes after the first week. I'm hitting a tired spell (I'm now on day 6) and want to eat all the bad things in sight. Yikes! I'm also slaying the sugar dragon and it's definitely no easy feat! But I keep my focus on the sweet joy that comes from getting there and no longer being a slave to all of the temptations that enter my life!

Have the past couple of days been kind to you? Also - you may want to doublecheck why you're not receiving the emails. They are a HUGE help for me. I love receiving them and having a daily reminder of areas to focus on and remind me why I'm doing what I'm doing.

Alex

Archived