Type 1 diabetic starting Whole30 on 1/1/13

AMNimlos

My name is Allison, I'm from New York, and I've had type 1 diabetes for almost 19 years (my diaversary is Jan. 27). My husband and I are starting the Whole30 tomorrow and we're excited/nervous! We've plotted out our first week of meals, so that should help. We are both overweight, and I have had a difficult time managing my diabetes with all the carbs so I'm hoping this will help improve my management. My husband has been dealing with fatigue and acid-reflux for a long time, and we're hoping the change in our nutrients will help him too. Good luck everyone!

I started on 1 Jan too - Type 1 since Feb 2000, almost 13 years.

Only hypo so far was caused by me miscalculating a bolus on my pump and having too much insulin. Whoops. Had some fruit 'leather' (made from dehydrated fruit only, no added sugar or anything else) that help bring things back to normal. This was only after a couple of days where I was probably underestimating the amount I needed and staying a bit too high after meals...

Generally though, its been great.

Hope you're going well!

You may want to warn your husband that his acid reflux might get worse before it gets better. I have had some issues with reflux myself since I have started the Whole30 program 4 days ago. It has started to get better but I am still feeling a little bit of it and still dealing with bloating. I read a lot of posts where people are just pounding down large amounts of food but I can't seem to pack that much away. i am feeling full after a meal and I really have NO desire to snack between meals.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Archived