Excited to start April 3 2018

Linda Templeton

Hurrah! You did it! I'm happy you persevered! Always great to meet goals!

Interesting about the bread and and dairy. Did you have any idea before it was causing issues or did you think it might be something else? Will you stay with ghee or go back to butter? We are going to try legumes this week, I do like peanut butter once in awhile or hummus. We thought we'd just finish this out and decide what we keep and what we'll avoid from now on. I'm like you-this is pretty much how we're going to eat and not stress if we're invited out or can't choose where we go. We tried sugar this past weekend. I didn't miss it much so didn't have much-BBQ sauce and a few M&Ms. My husband tried sugary drinks, sugar in his coffee and some candies. He said he felt like he had a hangover the next day. 

I find it very interesting that spaghetti squash is new to your market. I've never been to New Zealand I didn't think about what normally grows there. I've been to other countries but all of them have been poorer countries on mission trips and such. That's kind of a skewed view point I think. We were surprised at the taste of the squash too, better than anticipated. I have learned about more vegetables and how to incorporate them in our meals. And suddenly salad for breakfast doesn't seem strange anymore. LOL

We did this! 

Yes we did! Damn, we are good! I did suspect that breads were going to be a problem but not dairy.  This country is big on dairy, our cows are just about all grass fed and the laws mean that milk and butter are the real thing! I've begun cooking with standard butter rather than ghee, which is not as easy to buy, and that seems fine but I'm not doing cheese much and I think that will continue to be a special occasion thing.  There are not many things we miss out on here in New Zealand but I have often wondered what okra tastes like. We can grow just about anything here and we have some things that the rest of the world just does not seem to have discovered yet, like Fejoa's - they are a small green skinned fruit that taste pleasingly tart and smell like fragrance. The area I live in, the Bay Of Plenty, is particularly fertile so friends assure me that if I save the seeds of my Spaghetti Squash, it will be easy to grow more. I'm not much of a gardener so we'll see.  I still can't do salad for breakfast but last night's leftovers? That's my kind of breakfast! 

Archived