Here I Go Again...

HeidiK8869

...On my own... **cue David Coverdale and Whitesnake**

This is Day 1 of my 497th Whole30 (not really, more like #5).  I have had one successful Whole30, including the re-introduction phase.  That was four years (and too many donuts) ago.  Fast forward to now:  I chose August 1 to start because there is nothing too crazy happening for me this month.  I have a week of professional development and a camping trip planned, but those are not events that would derail the plan. 

My family is not participating 100%, but they are supportive.  This time I will be successful and not give up.  It will be hard at times, but it is only 30 days.  I can do this.

You can do it! Today is my first day of my fourth Whole30. It's tough, but whenever you are tempted just try to remind yourself how much better it's going to feel to be on the other side of the 30 days than it will be to start all over again. I always have a "cravings" plan, too - when those cravings hit, I tell myself that I can have whatever I am freaking out about if I still want it after I 1) take a 15 min walk 2) have a cup of herbal tea and 3) take a hot shower. By that time, I'm usually *over it* or have at least regained enough self-control to find a healthier alternative to whatever I'm craving. Good luck! 

Archived