Starting 3/25/19 - want an accountability buddy

Jill vH

Hi - I’m starting the Whole30 tomorrow and would love an accountability buddy. Anyone out there starting March 25th?

A little about me - I’m a full-time working mom (am a corporate event planner with an 12 year old daughter & a 15 year old step-daughter).  I live 15 min from San Francisco.  I have a black lab who gets me outside daily - sometimes on the local trails.  I do yoga 2-3 times weekly and am trying to incorporate weights 2 times weekly.

I have been working on myself this year via a life coaching class by Rachel Hollis.  (She wrote Girl, Wash Your Face & Girl, Stop Apologizing). I need to learn how to not use food as emotional support.  I’m 10 lbs overweight right now which isn’t much, but need to get a handle on my eating.  I’m hoping this will help.

so, any interest in helping each other???

Thanks,

Jill

Hi Jill, I will be starting 3/25 as well. I am new here so I thought I should introduce myself! My name is Alex and I live in Boise, ID. I am a full time student and try to workout out 5/6 days a week! I would love to help you with accountability and get help as well! Please let me know if you are interested in helping each other out!

Hello Jill and Alex.  I'm starting today too. (my third re-start date)  My name is Carol and I live in Petaluma, Ca. I am a nurse and very active in the sport of triathlon.  My first start date was 3/1 and I was 100% for the first 10 days then fell off.  I started again on 3/13 and did well for a few days and fell off again.   I've been on "the sugar" ever since and was having a difficult time starting again.  I think having accountability buddies will help me a lot!

Hi Jill, Alex and Carol, how is/was your day one? My name is Jakkie, short for Jacolien, I live in Pretoria, South Africa. I am 42, married and we have a 12 year old daughter. I started on Friday 22 Mar and so far so good. This is my first time on Whole30 and I think I also need accountability buddies. I am not too keen on excercise (gym), but likes walking. Unfortunately it's not too safe to go walking on my own anymore and my husband can't always go with... Good luck! 

Hello March 25th group! My name is Ryan! I’m a full time working mom of a sweet 2.5 year old boy. I’ve been focusing on myself this year by starting to change eating habits and getting to the gym 5-6 times per week but needed to really commit more so I’m doing Whole 30! I have about 30 pounds that I haven’t been able to lose since having my son. I want to have more energy, be more active, and teach my little man some healthy eating habits!!

Hi everyone! I love that we have this group of people to be able to hold each other accountable and keep updated with how we are doing! It is so nice to meet you all, I cant wait to get to know you all more and hear your stories! Carol, I think an accountability buddy will be great for you, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know! Jakkie, have you looked into HIIT workouts to get your cardio in? They burn more fat, longer than walking too! I do that now instead of walking and running and I love it! Ryan, I cant wait to see the changes and growth in you after doing whole30, I think it will be so great for you and your little man!

Good luck.  You just have to keep at it and if you slip up with food don't beat yourself up.  I'm 63 and didn't do a lot of exercise, and well overweight.  I've been doing the whole 30 (with the inevitable slip-ups) since Christmas Day.  So far I have shed 30 pounds still well away from where I need to be but its encouraging so far.  After being on the whole 30 for about three weeks started walking each night and now walk for between an hour and an hour and 20  minutes each night.  My theory is if I can do this anyone can.

Just another thing I found is after about a month I did not get hungry, wasn't tempted to grab a snack and since then its been pretty easy

Thank you for the encouragement Mark! I also feel more energetic and intend to apply the Whole30 principles for the forseeable future. I have about 40 pounds to shed. But what attracted me most to Whole30 is the additional health benefits you can gain. Losing weight is the cherry on top!

I suffer from allergies (hectic hayfever attacks), which I thought might be due to dairy, wine or gluten and hoped that Whole30 will help. I am on day 10 (without any slip ups) and had my second hayfever attack this morning, since I started. Am I too impatient? It is turning Autumn here, not sure if the sneezes can be from the dust blowing around.

Hey guys - sorry I haven’t checked back on here, glad to see we have a place to chat.  I want to take time to read all of these and respond when I have time tomorrow.  Heading to bed now.  It’s day 8.  How is everyone else doing?  I have been lethargic, have a foggy brain and sadly for my husband, very gassy.  

I’d love to hear how you all are doing.  I promise to write more day 9!

Hi All, fortunately no hayfever attacks today! Doing day 12 today and I dreamt last night that I totally overdosed on baked goods (donuts!)... so glad it was just a dream. I definitely feel a lot better and my clothes also fit better. I am struggling to eat a big meal in the mornings, I resorted to making a veggie-loaded quiche that will be quick and easy to eat before rushing off to work. Good luck to all.

On 3/30/2019 at 3:48 AM, Jakkie said:

Thank you Alex, I will definitely look into HIIT. Any specific app you can recommend, to do at home? 

Hi Jakkie, an app that I like is sworkit, you can pick how long you want to workout and it gives you all the exercises to do! You just follow along!

I was doing great the first 5 days, then went on a road trip to SLC with a friend and had watermelon sourpatch kids:angry: So as of yesterday, I am starting over and sticking with it until the end of April, but besides that, I have been feeling really good and have been loving it! I also started getting really bad headaches yesterday that are continuing today so I'm not sure if that is caused by this or something I ate? We will find out in a few days! Im so glad everyone else is doing great!

Archived