Whole30: Counting down to the wedding

mhoward11

Hi, this will be my second round with Whole30. My first was a couple years ago. I recently turned 30 and have recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto's and high blood pressure. I am looking at this as a lifestyle change but with the benefit of looking great for my wedding. I intend to do a proper re-intro before the wedding as well. I am copying the template of another person on this forum. I believe it is a good template to use. 

I had my bachelorette this past weekend and was not hurting from it! I went to Trader Joe's and prepped for the weekend. Each week I have a template of my meals.

DAY 1:

• Sleep: Great, I was exhausted from the weekend and slept soundly without disruption. I allowed myself to sleep in a little to get ready for the week.
  • Meal 1: 1 egg, 2 egg white omelette with roasted red pepper & spinach. Topped with The Defined Dish's lemon basil pesto.
  • Meal 2: Asian Salad: Plain chicken, almonds, cilantro, scallions, clementines, carrots over romaine with an Asian Almond butter dressing. 
  • Meal 3: The Defined Dish's Chicken Enchilada soup, topped with 1/2 avocado.
  • Energy: Good, I have been cruising through my work and ready to start this program.
  • Water Target: 75 oz
  • Physical symptoms: Bad gas and mild stomach pain from the weekend. Subsiding as the day goes on. 
  • Mental symptoms: Neutral
  • Workout: Skipped today to sleep in.

DAY 2:

• Sleep: Another excellent night of sleep, maybe I am still recovering from the weekend. I felt very refreshed when I woke up. 
  • Meal 1: 1 egg, 2 egg white omelette with roasted red pepper & spinach. Topped with The Defined Dish's lemon basil pesto.
  • Meal 2: Asian Salad: Plain chicken, almonds, cilantro, scallions, clementines, carrots over romaine with an Asian Almond butter dressing. 
  • Meal 3: The Defined Dish's Chicken Enchilada soup, topped with 1/2 avocado.
  • Energy: Energy is still good, yesterday I was very productive, and today I feel about the same.
  • Water Target: 75 oz (yesterday I had 87 oz)
  • Physical symptoms: One nostril is very stuffy and it is giving me a headache. Light gas with no pain. Constipation, this always happens when I switch eating habits.
  • Mental symptoms: Light junk food cravings not too bad. I am an emotional eater.
  • Workout: Missed it again, bed was too comfy.

I re-started since while being sick, my fiance made me tea with honey to help my throat. I was not that far along anyways.

DAY 1 (yesterday):

• Sleep: I got into bed early and slept soundly.
  • Meal 1: 1 egg, 2 egg white omelette with roasted red pepper & spinach. Topped with The Defined Dish's lemon basil pesto.
  • Meal 2: Asian Salad: Plain chicken, almonds, cilantro, scallions, clementines, carrots over romaine with an Asian Almond butter dressing. 
  • Energy: Energy was good, I was extremely productive at work. 
  • Water: 60 oz (not as much as I should have)
  • Physical symptoms: Recovering from being sick, feeling good.
  • Mental symptoms: none.
  • Workout: Skipped.

DAY 2:

• Sleep: Meditated before bed, slept soundly even though It wasn't a long sleep.
  • Energy: Still very good energy.
  • Water Target: 75oz
  • Physical symptoms: Feeling much stronger. 
  • Mental symptoms: Moderate junk food cravings, it's hard when people stop into my office and shove chocolates in my face. I did take one and then after the guy left I put it in the trash (I didn't want to be rude? and his English isn't  that good and I wasn't going to explain Whole30 in French). 
  • Workout: Skipped.

Archived