Starting Monday (after Mother's Day)

Cjaysmom

Hello Everyone,

Unlike those of you who were smart enough to start on May 1st, I am starting on Monday, May 13th. I am committing to 30 days of eating clean. I'm nervous.....I love sweets!!  I was brought up on candy, ice cream, Popsicles, chewing gum... if it was sweet, we ate it. Lately, I've been having stomach issues and realized it's my diet. Plus, I am overweight. So, I'm willing to do what's best for my body.

I started on Monday May 13th too!!!! I see my GI doc on June 13 and I too am tired of health issues --- I'm taking back my health and my life!  My ultimate goal is to lose weight but my mind/focus has changed to be healthy too!  I did really well day one and last night prepped all my dinners/lunches and snacks.  PLUS, I'm already planning on what to make for a family 'pot-luck' event this Sunday.  I am so committed to this program!  I'm constantly asking myself 'is this Whole30 compliant'.  I have so much to do yet here on this Earth (I'm a momma of 3 (momma-in-law of 1), mammaw of 3, and wife of one for almost 28 years PLUS I serve in our local church and have sooooooooo much more to do for God yet too) and I need to be healthy in order to do it.  I've struggled since my last child (son who is now 20) with losing weight and then health issues have caused me to not lose (they say I have a metabolic syndrome ... well ... I'm getting ready to cure that bad boy).  I've tried EVERYTHING and now I'm stoked about this program and WHO know's I might make this a quarterly or every other month thing OR heck lifestyle!  

Last night I made the kale potato hash (one of the free recipes) and it was delicious!  I also took ground pork with spinach and olive oil and put this mixture in muffin pan, then scrambled some eggs, covered the mixture, backed 25 minutes at 375 degrees and had little egg bakes ... which are great get up an gos!  

I wish you all the best and I'm on this journey right with you! DC

Archived