Amy's Whole 30!

Amy Rose Pennington

This is my 2nd attempt at completing Whole 30...failed my 1st attempt after 10 days when I succumbed to a dark chocolate. Time to get serious if I want healthy digestion! : )

Day 1

Breakfast: 2 eggs with kale scramble +hot sauce, few bites of saurkraut

Lunch: 2 salmon chili cakes made with almond flour +mustard and more saurkraut, small serving of walnuts and raisins

- Decaf Americano from Starbucks -

- 3 cups water -

Dinner: 2 buffalo chicken drumsticks, mashed cauliflour, saurkraut

-3 cups water -

After dinner (I know it's bad, but we went to a church meeting and everyone was eating cookies and sweets) 3 dried apricots, 1 small kiwi

Conclusions:

The bad:

....I need more leafy greens and more water, I know!

....wayy too much fruit, especially dried fruit. Yikes. Toning that down the rest of the week.

The good:

....I didn't snack at all, which is something I've always turned to out of boredom or for comfort. yay!

....I ate clean!

Day 2

Breakfast: 3 eggs, spinach and onion scramble + hot sauce, a couple of raisins

Lunch: 1 buffalo chicken drumstick, mashed cauliflower, saurkraut

-Decaf Starbucks Americano-

Dinner: Mongolian Beef and broccoli

-After dinner walnuts and raisins, 1/2 banana - overdid it again. Had church small group tonight. It was dessert night. Brought these to munch on. Had too many and tummy got a little upset.

-1 glass of kombucha tea

-6 glasses water

--- Not satisfied with my progress so far..absolutely no raisins or nuts tomorrow, or the rest of the weekend.

EXERCISE:

Finally got back into it now that my tattoo is almost healed.

25 mins cardio - 20 mins PEAK 8 sprint intervals, +5 mins cool down

15 mins ABS - 130 crunches, 1 60 second plank

SKIN:

Still breaking out, but now it's mostly in my chin area and along my jaw. Not terrible, but still discouraging after over a month of eating Paleo 98% of the time.

Archived