Helen Marie's victory over cake and unhealthy food @ birthday party tonight

helenmariev

Hi, I am Helen Marie and have just completed day 6 of my whole 30. I am feeling better but still adjusting to the absence of carbs and sugar in my diet. I work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week, I get hungry around 4 to 5 pm and have decided to have a snack of turkey& avocado or egg muffins which are awesome! I am constantly researching recipes so that I do not get in the rut of cooking the same thing all the time. My biggest victory was tonight. I assumed (which was my biggest mistake) that the restaurant where the birthday party took place had other options for me! I was wrong and had to go without eating. I did have a snack before and that really saved me! I enjoyed the company and felt so powerful about not indulging in cake and other sweets that were passed out at the party! I encourage all of my fellow whole 30ers to keep on trucking. If I can do it you can too! :)

Day 7--Cravings today...

I overslept and my meals were off schedule. Hence I left lunch out and felt hungrier that I have ever felt. I am still trying to check out the fruits in my diet which may also be contributing to the cravings. Boy I sure wanted a pizza. Thank goodness I did not give in!!! The suggestions on today's website are sure helpful. I love the accountability of listing my food. Here it is:

"Brunch": scrambled eggs mixed with veggies(broccoli, cauliflower, and green peppers), salsa, cup of coffee

Snack: 1/2 orange, 4 blackberries

Dinner: Pan seared cod, green beans, small banana

Snack: Other half of scrambled eggs w/veggies, turkey/avocado, Chamomille tea

Yeah DAY 9 completed!!!! I feel energetic. Still working on getting that magic 7 to 8 hours of sleep.

Going out of town this weekend to celebrate my daughter's 17th birthday. How appropriate that today's newsletter explained options for traveling/vacationing. Does anyone know where I could purchanse "Primal packs" other that on line??? I am planning on bringing a cooler full of snacks and choosing healthy when we eat out. I refuse to break my whole 30 on this trip!!!

B: Egg muffins with sausage/veggies, 1 cup of coffee with coconut milk

L: Leftovers-grilled yellow/green squash/grilled chicken, guacamole, 1 cup of hot Lemon Tea

D: Grilled Chicken/sauteed mixed veggies, small orange, glass of iced tea with lime

Have a great night!

Day 10!!!! I am a third of the through! Feeling pretty strong.

B: Egg muffins with veggies, cup of coffee with coconut milk

L: Spinach salad with mushrooms, jicama, cherry tomatoes, 1/4 chopped apple, balsamic vinegar dressing, 1/2 sm. avacado

D: Grilled Trout, spinach salad (with same ingredients from lunch). 1/3 apple

Archived