Whole 30 Número uno

Mybrightnewday

Greetings and salutations!

This is my first whole 30, 2nd attempt though. The first go around, about a week ago, was very unprepared. I learned a lot about myself that week. I learned that I can't live off of dried fruit and nuts and that those are apparently trigger foods that I either didn't realize or just avoided admitting it. I am much more prepared this time around. Although today the fruit and nuts got to me a bit.. Ok, ok a lot! :( but I've done well yesterday and today.

I am 28 years old, single gal, I work full time and I live with roommates and my super cute cat, Cabby. I really have few challenges in front of me when it comes to this, but that in and of itself is a challenge. I want to eat what I want because I can and that's that. I do want bread. I do want chocolate. I DO WANT MY WINE OR BEER AFTER WORK (I live in Portland for crying out loud!). But what I want more than all that is the freedom from my addiction to food and for my body to feel better. I suffer from depression, chronic pain, fatigue, anxiety, acne, sugarholism...

So this is it. I need accountability so I'm finding it here. Even if no one reads this, I'm putting it out there...

Current weight: 180 (5'6")

Breakfast: 2 fries eggs, chicken buger (not breaded) patty and a sweet potato, 1/2 bottle kombucha

Post w/o snack: almonds, banana, 1/2 kombucha

Lunch: large bowl of homemade coconut curry beef stew poured over kale

Mid day snack that I should have said no to: a more than generous serving of raw trail mix, dried pineapple and dried mango

Dinner: ground beef and bell peppers sautéed and over spinach, half of an avacado

Then off on a date with my handsome guy, Mike :)

Day 3.......

Tired, don't want to get out of bed.... That's not unusual for me this crazy early on a Sunday (it's 10:00am). There are repair men in the kitchen, so I really don't want to have to make breakfast around them. Hm..... Maybe they'll be gone by the time I'm done getting ready for church. I am hungry this morning, which is unusual for me. I usually don't feel hungry this soon after waking up. I suppose that's a good thing?

Great to read your post - I am on day 5 and I struggle with fitting my meal in for lunch at work when it is crazy busy. I forced myself to get up early today in hopes that the time change will be easier to take tomorrow morning. Today I really missed oatmeal! I am tired of eggs, but going to do my best to stick with it. Hang in there! We can do this!

Today is day 4... I am really kind of in a bad mood and really want my usual midmorning almonds and banana. I have a little bit of a problem with nuts being food without breaks for me, so I've decided to not buy more until I'm at least done with the Whole 30. I definately am having food cravings and would welcome a food dream if I could please have one tonight. I am fantacizing about VooDoo Donuts on day 31. At this point in the game, I'm still planning my end-of-this-binge. I'm sure (I hope) by the time the end is here I won't want to do that, but for now I'm thinking an Italian dinner with lots of pasta and cannoli and cupcakes and nutella are going to be happening. Then a giant sugary coffee with lots of cream (I MEAN A LOT) and a Mango Tango donut from VooDoo (seriously, if you have never had one and want to have a serious food-gasm in the most wrong way ever, please visit their website... of course only to curse all of the inflammation causing foods that they sell!!).

So, food today...

Breakfast: 2 eggs, left over ground beef, mashed sweet potatoes all mixed together. So good. So, so good

Lunch: 7 oz can of tuna, a whole avocado over fresh spinach, raw bell peppers, bottle of kombucha (I'm really addicted to this stuff...)

Snack: Banana

Dinner: Salmon, asparagus, and something else delicious... (probably broccoli but we'll see... and maybe some applesauce too...)

Cheers!

Archived