Menu help? Please?

CarolinaJ85

Can you call ahead and ask about things like how the grill is seasoned and what oils might be used? You would also want to know about marinades. As long as the oils are compliant and the meats don't have additives like sugar, it looks like you can pick almost any protein - salads have boiled eggs (and they may also have eggs cooked to order), there are shrimp, and then there are the other usual suspects.

I'd see if they could make a salad without dairy or bacon. Ask for the good stuff that shows on their salad page, pick a protein, and ask for guacamole if it is compliant, or avocado if it is not. Protein, fat, and veg await at Mi Pueblo!

If you think you'd want dressing, ask about that, too. And, I think I also saw pico and jalapenos as flavor options.

I'd rather have that kind of conversation in advance because I tend to lose my assertive edge in person.

ETA: Fajitas might be compliant if the oil happens to be compliant. You could ask for extra pico and guac instead of the non-compliant stuff or just not get the extra stuff.

I totally get it. I come from a Hispanic family in Northern NM. I was vegetarian there for a while and that was difficult. With this, it takes a bit to be able to see through flour tortillas, corn tortillas, and other ingredients to see the whole ingredients hiding below. I know I even felt that way in my kitchen in the beginning. (How do I serve ____ without ____?) I hope your dinner goes well!

Archived