First time for Whole30!

Stacy Delmore

I just started yesterday on April 3rd.

I think I eat ok, but I know I eat way to many carbs and sugar. I have been having many pains from injuries I just can't seem to heal. Mostly seems to be muscle, but I started to get the idea in my head that maybe inflammation is stopping me from healing, and then I heard of the Whole30 from Melissa "well fed" podcast interview.

So here I am giving this a shot. This is how I feel we should eat all the time, just many of us don't. With the reintroduction of food, I can also find out if I have any kind of reaction to anyone group.

I started on the second. Day three was okay. I haven't done this before, but my adult daughter just finished her first 30 and has reduced headaches, stomaches and she looks great! Hope this helps you feel better!

• 2 weeks later...

I have made it past two weeks. Eighteen days to be exact. Lost some weight and didn't really plan too. All my sugar eating did add a few pounds though. Not everything is fixed as far as injury, but I have been more active. Main thing is I have not been bloated. Eating like this does agree with me, but I have a hard time imagining not eating sugar long term though. Honey is my favorite!

• 2 weeks later...

I have made my 30 days!! Going to start adding foods back in and see how I do. Do feel healthy, lost weight, bloating pretty much gone. Pains are still there. At least I know food isn't affecting it if I don't get worse. Working with Dr. to fix injuries. Going to try and follow this template but will continue to eat non Paleo too. Life would be no fun without treats.

I have made my 30 days!! Going to start adding foods back in and see how I do. Do feel healthy, lost weight, bloating pretty much gone. Pains are still there. At least I know food isn't affecting it if I don't get worse. Working with Dr. to fix injuries. Going to try and follow this template but will continue to eat non Paleo too. Life would be no fun without treats.

Congrats on 30 days, and good luck pinpointing/remedying ongoing injuries!

• 2 weeks later...

I added all food groups back in. And I do seem to get a little bloated with carbs/wheat, but nothing crazy as long as I keep it healthy. I did all dairy, except for maybe milk ok. When I did milk, which I did twice, a week apart, I seem to have a reaction. Not upset tummy like I would think, but like I am getting sick or allergies. It is allergy season, maybe a coincidence, but I will have to try again. Kifer and yogurt seemed fine. May just have to do these, but will stink if true when I want milk and cookies.

Archived