thyroiditis

I finished my first W30 in early Feb, I have been about 90% compliant eating Paleo, I was feeling great until about a month ago. I have cronic had throat pain that has, so far, been diagnosed as possible thyroiditis.. I am stunned. I am having an Iodine uptake next week, they have also found 2 nodules on my thyroid. All that great feeling I had during my whole 30 has disappeared and I am fatigued.. foggy.. on and on.. Does anyone have suggestions on healing and having a healthy thyroid? I have read ISWF.. I am considering cutting out eggs, though I would really like that to be a last resort. I have senstivity to nuts so eggs are my quick protein.. Help! and thanks

Hi. I just got diagnosed with hyperthyroidism; I've known I've had many nodules in my thyroid gland for years now. Thankfully, I am working with a functional medicine person who picked it up.

Because I am hyperthyroid, I am following a low iodine, whole 30, autoimmune protocol. (Most thyroiditis is autoimmune in nature) That basically means meat and chicken, vegetables and a little fruit. (No eggs, no nuts, no nightshades, and nothing from the sea. No iodized salt. No sea salt.)

It's tough to eat out with those guidelines, mostly because most places use iodized salt. I was at a wedding this weekend and I managed to call ahead and get a plain grilled chicken breast and steamed vegetables. Anyway, that's what I'm doing. Good luck with your condition and let us know what transpires with your scan.

Pea

Archived