Yucca?

corriesail

One of our local restaurants has a ton of Whole 30 legal options - one of the owners lost about 100 lbs on another "clean eating" plan, and tought the kitchen how to cook it for the rest of us!

One of their options are yucca fries - I would have to ask if the oil that they fry them is OK - but is the yucca ok to eat on the Whole 30?

Un-related - I am 2 weeks in, and feel fantastic. I am having fun trying new recipies - I even made Trout Amandine legal the other night! WOW - it was good!

Here's a response I just posted to a similar question :)

We are ok with those veggies yucca as long as you're not using them it to satisfy a white potato addiction. It's not necessarily the starch that bothers us as much as how much potatoes are over consumed and the fact that there are a ton of veggies that are more nutrient dense that we'd rather see on your plate. But the short answer is you can have those veggies :)

I'd prefer you find something better on the menu than yucca fries but you should totally go back and try them after your whole30!

Johnny's got it. Yuca (also known as 'casava', but different from the generally-not-eaten 'yucca') is all starch, little nutrition, and an acceptable choice - but certainly not your best. And you don't eat fries on the Whole30 anyway, right? ;) Treat these just like french fries - they're quite similar in nutrition (especially the starch percentage) as a white potato.

Archived