800 mg ibuprofen

I am on Day 14 and am doing great with eating, keeping meals interesting, feeling amazing,and clothes getting looser by the day! Thrilled with results so far!

Last week I began experiencing tremendous pain in my shoulder joint (cannot lift arm up to shoulder without massive pain and is impacting my sleep). X-ray showed a bone spur causing an impingement that is rubbing against a cyst. The doctor gave me an injection of cortisone and prescription for 800 mg of ibuprofen to reduce inflammation and help w the pain. I have a high tolerance for pain so the pain is not a huge deal but reduction in inflammation is important to get the joint opened back up so I have to take the meds. Is there any food that I can eat that will help protect my stomach? How will large dose impact my program? Will the meds have a negative effect on my Whole 30 progress? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dr orders trump Whole30 rules every time.

I'd just be sure to take the ibuprofen with meals so as not to impact your stomach.

All of the foods you are eating are inflammatory anyway but you might want to stick with easily digested foods like scrambled eggs, bone broth, chicken soup & mashed root veg whilst you're taking the meds.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Archived