How to help my body balance hormones on W30

I searched and found many topics on eczema but none directly about this, so forgive me if this has been discussed before. 

I have eczema and I'm certain it is correlated with my hormones. I never had it until I took birth control and within three months it was so bad I would wake up with my eyes swollen nearly shut. I went off the BC and it eased up but I have dealt with eczema ever since. I cut out dairy for three years and it helped me manage but I always had patches that would flare every now and then, always getting worse around my period. 

When I got pregnant my eczema disappeared completely, ZERO signs of it! I was so happy! I could even eat dairy again (yay cheese!).  6 weeks postpartum it came back, flared and has since been mild while I breastfeed. 

Well I am on day 9 of whole30 and i can feel it starting to flare in several places I haven't had it in years. I'm sure it has to do with my hormones changing and getting used to a new way of eating but I REALLY don't want to deal with it. I also know it's very common for eczema to flare on w30.

so my question is, how can I help my body balance my hormones?? 

Things I'm already doing: Im going to give up coffee/caffeine tomorrow (already had a few cups today), I follow a pretty regular sleep schedule, I eat within an hour of waking up, I cook with tons of coconut oil, I *typically* eat on a schedule but I do allow myself a snack between meals because I am still breastfeeding. 

What else can I do?? Thank you! 

• Moderators

It sounds like you're already quite in tune with what sets off your reaction.  Unforunately if it is hormone related and your hormones are now trying to regulate, it can get better before it gets worse. There is no way to balance hormones without just going through it and sometimes that means some unpleasant side effects... 

• 2 weeks later...

from what you say it seems like the change in ratio of estrogen to progesterone is the cause of your eczema. please discuss with your doctor to confirm. the easiest way to actually balance your hormones is to use the correct birth control. the correct birth control will actually balance out your hormones and prevent the ups and owns that happen with a normal menstrual cycle. discuss with your doctor to find the right birth control. 

Archived