Huge NSV!

newwhole30er

So, over the past week I've baked 30 pans of cinnamon rolls for an event and I haven't eaten even one of them.

But wait, that's not even the thing I'm most proud of! I used to enjoy baking a lot, but since I started Whole30ing almost 2 years ago, I haven't done much baking. I felt like it would be too hard to have baked goods around and not eat them.

This time, I kept waiting for it to be hard. And it wasn't. I mean, they looked good, they smelled good, but there was no mental battle over should I or shouldn't I. I know how gluten makes me feel. It's not worth it. I've taught myself that lesson enough times that my brain really believes it now. 

And most of all, the cool thing was that I enjoyed the PROCESS of baking without needing to eat the food. I used to bake so I would have yummy things around to eat. This time, even though I knew I wasn't going to eat any of them, I really enjoyed baking those cinnamon rolls. It was fun. I can't even believe I'm saying this.

Those of you who are new to the Whole30 - keep it up! You can get to amazing places that you would never have dreamed you could get to!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived