Reintroduced Dairy/Lactose Intolerant?

Emily Stack

I just reintroduced yogurt a few days ago, and I almost immediately started to feel bloated and very gassy.  I did go on the scale, and it said I went up 2lbs.  I know we aren't supposed to go by the numbers on the scale, but I was thinking that maybe the weight gain is actually bloat?  I never noticed a problem with dairy before, but I notice it with trying to reintroducing it.  Any thoughts?

@Emily Stack I don't know about the weight gain, although bloating and holding onto water weight can absolutely affect the numbers on the scale (one of many factors), but it is definitely possible to notice problems post-Whole 30 with foods you didn't realize were an issue before. When I reintroduced dairy I felt very sick. Prior to Whole30 I had been eating tons of dairy and would have told you that it didn't bother me. I called my mother to share that I thought dairy was a problem and she said "Oh, that makes sense. When you were a baby you cried all the time until we switched you to soy formula." I'd probably had a dairy allergy or intolerance my whole life and never realized it! 

Archived