Day 5

ellefisher

Hi :)

My name is Elle and I am on day 5 of my whole 30. I have been browsing these forums for the last few weeks so I thought I would say hi.

I started eating primal/paleo only about a month ago, so I am very new to this way of living. I have a history of food and body image issues, so this is a huge challenge from me.

I am feeling great however. I really thrive on not eating dairy/grains/legumes/sugar. I have been a sugar freak my whole life (I am 24), but it hasn't even been hard giving it up! Diet Coke was a huge thing too for me but haven't missed it since going primal.

Only thing I am struggling with is eating breakfast. I start work at 8am and leave the house at 7:15, I get up super early and have heaps of time in the morning but I struggle to eat food and often only take a bite and leave it. And sleep :rolleyes: but I have always had bad sleep so not a huge deal.

Sorry, went on a bit there :mellow: ...

Welcome to the W30 club, ellefisher! You will be amazed at the changes you experience throughout this adventure! I used to drink at least one Diet Coke every day and I don't miss it at all. I thought that would be the first thing I would have when I was finished on May 2nd but it wasn't. It was a couple of days before I decided to try it and I couldn't stand the taste, given it was from a fountain at a gas station mini-mart, and I only had maybe 3 drinks of it. I could taste the fakeness of it and it was icky! :unsure: I may try drinking it from a can, my favorite way to drink it, or from mcDonald's, their's always tasted good!

I put my "breakfast together the night before or make it something simple like carrot sticks, rolled Applegate Naturals Roast Beef, and avocado chunks/slices. I love making breakfast "muffins" on Sundays with veggies, eggs, protein, and sometimes avocado. I put all the filling in silicone muffin cups, cover with scrambled egg mixture with seasonings, and bake for about 20 minutes or until coked through. I eat 2-3 in the morning. These are a great on-the-go breakfast!

I still have a problem with making myself go to bed at a decent time. I only get about 6-6.5 hours of sleep a night even on the weekends. :ph34r:

Archived