Day 31!

Today is my first day of reintroduction. I suspect many people go through the same up and down thought processes I have...which is that a week ago I couldn't wait to be done and have the ability to 'eat whatever I want' but by day 29 I wasn't so excited about it. Now is the time to be the most careful, learn from the results, and test each component carefully.

I have opted to try a bit of dairy first because I never really had an issue with it, and I don't eat a ton of it anyway. A real latte this morning (hello lover) and a wee bit of good, aged cheddar on my lunch salad. Maybe a good quality full fat yogurt tomorrow.

I also added some honey to some paleo cookies I made to thank my coworkers but I'll be watching my sugar intake because I definitely have a sugar dragon.

Later this week I will try adding gluten (in the form of gourmet pizza on date night) but I plan to keep that as a 'very once in a while' thing. I don't eat a ton of white bread, pasta, etc anyway but I'm going to be super vigilent so I can truly see what it's effects on me are.

Beyond that I'm about 99% sure that legumes have been my real issue all along. I really never knew that beans/legumes/nuts could explain a lot of the body aches and pains I had. I eat a lot of chickpeas, black beans, and store bought almond milks, etc in an effort to be 'healthier' and honestly to save money on meat...but after this last 30 days I realize that I will likely need to revamp my budget and accept the fact that I need to spend more money on meat and lay off the chickpeas and lentils. I will test it at some point soon. Probably next week after I've cleared gluten and dairy trials.

Oh, and I think it's a given that there will be red wine on date night! :) That is my true reward! haha.

Sugar Dragon = 1, Me = 0 Yikes. Yesterday I ate 3 of my Paleo cookies, a LARGE handful of chocolate almonds, and the bag of dried fruit and nuts I bought to last me all week (about 1.5 cups). Just one cookie set the whole day into a downward sugar spiral.

Archived