Day 2

christartist

Hello All,

Started May 14th.

I am stopping by here to declare that I am committed to whole30 for the next 30 days, and probably beyond!

Last Summer, I went through 30 days of yeast cleanse and detox, and my husband did whole30 - we thought! I left it to him to read the book, and to incorporate these principles, while I followed the yeast cleanse I was on. Reading the book before doing this whole30 was an eye opener!

three bananas a day was not a good thing?

Almond butter wasn't supposed to be my protein of choice?

smoothies don't count as food - they are liquids?(hmm, the mere consistency should have given me a clue).

I have tackled diabetes 2 and won (A1c = 5.7 last time)

I have tackled the sugar and yeast...and still need to slay those dragons.

I have tackled metabolic syndrome...and yesterday, day one(I did do mostly paleo day 0) was the first day without a nap, and I was tired at bedtime!). Last night, I slept 7.5 hours and woke up WAY before my alarm! NO snooze! Maybe I won't have to do the thyroid stuff after all!

I am tackling the fibromyalgia - if I don't drink milk, if I don't eat sugar, my knees don't yell at me!

Last year, after the yeast cleanse/whole30 plan, I won my category in a TTapp fitness program. In my essay from that, you will see what I have done.

http://t-tapp.com/ch...inew/index.html

After this, in November, I had another major abdominal surgery - and some family tragedy. Then, two months of helping care for my daughter surrounding the birth of her son. NOW IS MY TIME!

6 MONTHS OUT from the surgery, baby and daughter are fine, and THIS IS MY TIME!

I need to lose weight for my ankle, knees and hips sake...but as long as I am eating to nourish my body - I will get there.

I have needed to see food as nourishment and love, not comfort and love.

Thank you, Hartwigs, for this book - it seems to be a God-send to take me to the next step of healthy relationships with foods!

Here I go!

~Christi

Archived