New & Nervous!

chaos&love

Hi everyone!

I am new to this adventure called Whole30. I am nervous and a little overwhelmed about getting started. Although I too read the "Get started right now" I want to make sure that I have the food I need to be successful from the start! My start date is Sunday.

I would love any "getting started" tips you have to offer to get me going!

Also for any 3rd shifters....I am a RN and I work the night shift. Anyone who could offer tips on how they conquered this feat would be much appreciated!

-tanya

Night shift police right here (wife is a nurse, as well). We did a W30 last October and a W26 this April (we opted to cut it short and just stay "primal").

Tips:

• Plenty of sleep and water are crucial.
  • PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE. If you don't know what you're having for dinner by the time you're starving, it will be too easy to fall back on crap food.
  • Buy and read It Starts With Food if you haven't already.
  • Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan is a great W30 compliant (mostly) cookbook.
  • Get the crap out of your house. If it's not there, you can't claim you "slipped."
  • Find someone else to do this with (if you can). My wife & I did ours together and promised that if one of us slipped, we'd both start over. The potential repercussions of my choices helped me stay straight on our first W30.
  • Subscribe to the Daily Mail thing offered. It's got lots of helpful tips and will be your accountability partner if you couldn't follow the previous tip. :-)

• Subscribe to the Daily Mail thing offered. It's got lots of helpful tips and will be your accountability partner if you couldn't follow the previous tip. :-)

Definitely agree with all the tips, especially this! So very helpful! My two biggest helps were the newsletter and being prepared.

Good luck on your journey!

Archived