Ready to rock

PitBullMamaLiz

I'm committing to starting my first Whole 30 on Friday. I've been eating Primally off and on for several months and always feel better when I'm "on" than "off." I've been too scared to try a W30 (no dairy????) but you know what, I can do anything for 30 days. Right? So I'm super excited, kind of nervous. But ready. I have ghee arriving Thursday afternoon (hence the Friday start date) and plenty of veggies and meat getting stocked up. I do have a get together on Sunday that I'm thinking of not going to so as to avoid temptation so early in. But I want to go so I may just eat beforehand and then obviously whatever I take to share will be W30 approved.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting some new friends on here. :-)

Liz

Good luck to you, Liz! Sounds like you have a good solid plan, which always helps! And you can do the no dairy thing, especially for 30 days. I went dairy free for about two years some time back, but I was doing soy and other legumes, and lots of grains. Vegan for a month too. Going gluten-free always seemed "impossible" to me, and this Whole30 is the first time I've even tried it. But 8 days in, I don't find that I even miss it. It takes some thought and planning, but yes, we can do this!

Shelda

On a funny note, was telling my coworkers that I'm starting this on Friday and that they may need to be forgiving of any "kill all the things" moments. The one was appalled when she asked what I couldn't eat, and said with a horrified expression, "but what you able to eat then???" I was like, "uh, real foods?" LOL

Archived