Bloodwork

Stacey

Recently had bloodwork after a Whole 30 in January and mostly Paleo since then (i have a sugar binge here and there but stay away from grains, gluten, dairy)

I've been supplementing with 2 krill oil, 10,000 D & Vit K in the AM with fat and natural calm w/ liquid kelp in the PM.

Here are my results and I am looking for feedback :)

Glucose 91

Uric Acid 4.9

BUN

Creatinine 12

Creatinine Ratio 17

Sodium 141

Potassium 4.2

Chloride 106

Calcium 9.5

Phosphorus 3.2

Protein 6.7

Albumin 4.1

Globulin 2.6

A/G Ratio 1.6

Bilirubin 0.3

Alkaline Phosphatase 33

LDH 131

AST (SGOT) 17

ALT (SGPT) 17

GGT 9

Iron 110

LIPIDS

Cholesterol (Total) 240

Triglycerides 101

HDL Cholesterol 94

followed by a comment: According to ATP-III Guidelines, HDL-C >59 mg/dL is considered a negative risk factor fo CHD.

LDL 126

T. Chol/HDL Ratio 2.6

CBC

WBC 5.1

RBC 4.43

Hemoglobin 12.9

Hematocrit 38.9

MCV 88

MCH 29.1

MCHC 13.0

RDW 13.0

Platelets 279

Neutrophils 64

Lymphs 28

Monocytes 6

Eos 1

Basos 1

Neutrophils (Absoslute) 3.3

Lymphs (Absolute) 1.4

Monocytes (Absolute) 0.3

Eos (Absolute) 0.1

Baso (Absolute) 0.0

Immature Granulocytes 0

Immature Grans (Abs) 0.0

Vitamin D 122 !!!!!! (the doc told me to lay off the Vitamin D for awhile)

TSH 2.180

Soooooo, what does all this mean? Any suggestions on supplementation/foods, more of something, less of something?

Thank you!

Stacey

Stacey, unfortunately, we're not going to be able to provide adequate feedback without a full consultation. Interpreting lab work is a tricky process, and requires a whole lot of context - your diet, training, recovery, stress, health history, etc. all would factor into any analysis we'd perform. And all of that requires a whole lotta time on our end.

I can say a few things:

1. Your triglyceride:HDL ratio, a strong predictor of risk for a number of lifestyle-related diseases and conditions, is 1.07. A value below 2.0 is considered very good - and very low risk.

2. A fasting blood glucose of <100 is generally considered "normal," although normal varies based on your context.

And those are literally the only generalities I could possibly make. I'd recommend seeking out a good naturopath or functional medicine doc (or your doc, if they're savvy to Paleo lifestyle concepts) to interpret these for you, for the most accurate reading.

Best,

Melissa

• 2 weeks later...

Archived