I am on Day 2 and still excited but SO sleepy!

SamiGage

Hi there! My name is Sami and I am really excited to be taking this step to making myself healthier (and hopefully thinner.)

I am 26, more than a little bit overweight, and a very emotional eater. I struggled a lot last night almost mourning the loss of some of my favorite foods. My body and my sensible self knew I wasn't hungry, but my emotional self really wanted ice cream and when I didn't give it ice cream my mind started showing me all my "favorite foods" that I'll "never eat again" like, macaroni and cheese, pork roll, cupcakes, etc. Luckily I had my wonderful boyfriend with me (who also started Whole30 yesterday) and I was able to verbalize everything I wrote above to him for support. I was thankful to him for the support and I was proud of myself for verbatlizing unhealthy coping skills/reactions that in the past I would have just ignored or given into. I can already see myself making better choices and that is very rewarding and motivating.

So as of right now I am exhausted feeling but still excited for the health and life changes this is going to bring, and I am very thankful that I have an idea of what to expect next.

Nice to meet you all!

Your first Whole30 you can be very tired for a few days. Your body is in the habit of burning sugar and simple carbs, the 'easy' fuel sources. After a few days you will become fat-adapted, meaning your body will start burning fat, both dietary and stored, as fuel. Then you will be amazed, as you no longer feel ravenously hungry if a meal is a bit late. You have your own fuel source you carry around with you!

I am on Day Two as well and noticing how much I eat when I am bored. It took every once of me NOT to eat the remaining pancakes from my kids' plates yesterday and resisting the Starbucks this morning. Keep on going!

I hear ya Amber! I am lucky in that I don't have children I need to prepare off-plan meals for, but we live with my parents and they has pizza last night and that was a real challenge. But I'm sure, challenges and all, we can do it :D

I imagine it'll be a great help to do it together! Sounds like you're off to a good start.

And remember, those foods are always going to be in the world and available to you; it's up to you if you have them again or not. Choices, choices :)

Archived