Well, I'm back

I was one of those "Whole30-ers" who decided 30 days was enough. That I'd still cut dairy and most grains and sugars but in general not worry so much about eating the strict Whole30 plan.

I did great for a while on my post30 path. Then Mother's Day came and I had some gluten-free mini cupcakes. (Okay, some as in more than a handful. I'm not exactly sure, but by the end of the day when I walked by the plate one last time, there wasn't any left. So we'll assume more than a handful was fairly accurate.)

Then crept in some wine. Then some more wine. Then some cheese. Lots more sugar. And more gluten-free cupcakes. Then last weekend was the last straw... I ate some regular ol' pizza. (Extrememly stupid since I have the Celiac gene and can't eat gluten or it makes me sick.) And then I promptly spent the holiday weekend in pain. Not only that, but my energy has disappeared, my lungs are mucky and lots of bone pain (maybe I just notice it more because now I know what it's like to live without it).

I have decided I had to do another 'reset' w/Whole30 number 2 and go about the post Whole30 in a smarter way. I'm not looking at this like failure but more of a learning tool. That whole reintroduction chapter and forum posts that I glossed over last time are going to be taken more seriously this time.

It's interesting to see how quickly your body goes back to being in ick-status when you don't treat it right. And I used to just accept that overall feeling but now I find that since I know I can do something about it, it's easier to try again.

Happy trails, y'all!

Archived