DAY NUMERO UNO

Well...I just found this program last night while on Facebook. I have been wanting/needing a change in my diet. Feeling uncomfortable in my own body lately, of course, menopause (hotflashes, sleepless nights) does not help. When I read some of the testimonies, I knew this was the couse I should take. I grew up with JRA (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis) and have aches and pains throughout the years. I need a diet that is rich in anti-inflamatory foods. So this morning, I poured my half n half down the drain (OMG! coffee without my half n half!!) along with the almond milk an coconut milk (both sweetened with cane sugar). This is the first of the rest of my life....My body is my temple and I will treat it as such, from this day forward. Amen.

I just made myself some grilled Brussels sprouts - quartered and grilled with onions in olive oil. WOW...so good..with a little bit of chicken, and some cherries after. YUM! I am feeling really pumped up, too. I had three one hour dog walks this morning. I have three this evening too. So six hours of walking! WOOHOO!

I am trying to be adventurous about trying new foods...I am scared of most vegetables, lol, so I clearly need to broaden my horizons. Had a bad experience with brussels sprouts growing up, but they were frozen and boiled, so maybe the roasted option will work for me. I love roasted broccoli. I am working myself up to try out sweet potatoes too. :) One thing at a time!

I think you will be surprised by the changes you go through if you stick with the plan. I have RA and around day 8, knee pain I had for over 6 months went away. It's makes a smal appearance when I eat breads (about the only grain I have had since ending my W30). :( Needless to say, I steer clear of them as much as possible! Your brussel sprouts sounded yummy!

With all of the cooking both of you will be diong, you'll find your inner chefs!! ;)

Archived