Whole 30 & 7lbs down!

FischerRo

Okay so I'm really on my 31st day of the Whole 30 and really like it and want to continue. I'm super happy about the 7lbs I've lost but really disappointed that I didn't loose more. Bear with me...There are 5 of us who did it together and as with every diet/challenge I do, I do it to the "T". The others not so much and they lost weigh more than me...damn thyroid, sometimes I just want to throw in the towel. I've decided to turn it into a whole 60 but I need some support & and a cheering squad.

Yours,

Excited & a bit bummed out at the same time.

I have a bad Thyroid too - the meds only help so much... Good luck, keep trying! If nothing else, you are (I hope) feeling better and are 7 pounds closer to your goal!! I know with my body, if I can lose 7 or 8 I will be so happy :)

• 3 weeks later...

Try working out. Exercise always helps with keeping the weight off. Remember also that if u feel good and your health is improving that is a plus above and beyond the weight loss. Forget about the pounds and focus on how you feel. This will keep u stress free and soon enough you'll start seeing the weight melt off.

Modern medicine only determines if you are "sick" or "not sick" it does not try to help you reach "optimal" health. You can have low thyroid function and still test normal. One way to tell is to take your temperature as soon as you wake up in the morning, without even getting out of bed. If your temperature is lower than 98 degrees, you probably have a low functioning thyroid. (keep in mind that it's normal for your temp to be lower than 98.6 in the morning, even people with normal functioning thyroids as your metabolism slows way down when you sleep) 

When I did this test, my temp was 97.2. I started adding a liquid iodine suppliment to my water each morning. Your body uses around 150mcg of iodine per day, which is not very much. I just add 4 drops of the suppliment to my water to get 150mcg. If I get any extra from my diet, all the better.

Many people are iodine deficient because the iodine added to table salt is not actually bioavailable, plus with the popularity of kosher salt and sea salt, we aren't getting our iodine that way either (sea salt does have some iodine in it, but only trace ammounts, people with underactive thyroids might need more) The other option is eating lots of kelp and sea vegetables :D

Archived