W30 results from other breastfeeding Mommas??

Bethany Lannon

Today is day 38 of my Whole30-turned-40. I knew I couldn't make it to the gym tomorrow or Saturday so I measured/weighed today.

I had decent results but not quite what I was hoping for (yes, losing baby weight was a goal). I lost 4lbs and my body fat dropped by 2%. I'm also breastfeeding my 3 month old. I'm wondering what results were like for other breastfeeding mothers out there? I seem to remember reading somewhere about hormones that produce breastmilk are not very fat-loss friendly.... I was hoping for more like a 6-8lb loss and 4ish % body fat loss, but I don't knowif maybe I had my hopes up too high for being a breastfeeding mother right now.

Anyone else with input??

congrats on your baby.  I'm still breastfeeding my 22 month old son and doing my first whole 30.  Don't know about weight loss - can't weigh myself yet.  But it was so hard for me to lose baby weight.  I gained 80 pounds and I still have 30 to lose to be at my pre-pregnancy weight although I was a bit underweight when I got pregnant so this may be an ok weight for me.  I think it's important to take some time to lose the weight.  It doesnt seem healthy to me to be breastfeeding and to lose the weight too fast.  It seems to me that it's important to be gentle with your body after growing a child, giving birth, and then nurturing that child with breast milk.  And good job breastfeeding!!!!  It's tough and soooo worth it for you and your baby : )

Archived