Help..don't know when to start my next Whole 30

jmcip

So after a successful Whole 30 in April I have been doing some serious offroading. I know I need and I want to start again to get myself back on track I already know my inflammation is out of control again with the aches and pains I'm feeling in my joints. My dilemma is I desperately want to start back as soon as tomorrow but this week I have a birthday dinner for myself that my friends have planned which I would love to get out of and a black tie wedding next Sat. Any suggestions on maneuvering those two events on a Whole 30? Or do I wait until this week is over to start.

Why not just eat W30 on the days this week that you don't have events, and then start an official W30 the day after your last event?  It will keep you from off-roading too much and your next W30  will be that much easier once you get started.  Good luck.. :-)

I'm definitely one of those "all or nothing" types too, lol.    It's a work-in-progress, and has been one of my biggest challenges over the last year.    With many successful W30's under my belt, I find myself struggling to stay on track recently.    Lots of stress and lots of events these days.  Things should slow down in a week or so and I will get my head back in the game.  In the meantime, I am just doing the best I can to stay as close to the plan every day.  Some days are perfect, and some days, not so much.  I'm learning to just make the best choices I can on the off days, and be gentle with myself until I am back on track.  You can do this  - one minute, one hour, one day at a time -  I promise the results will be worth it. 

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Why not just eat W30 on the days this week that you don't have events, and then start an official W30 the day after your last event?  It will keep you from off-roading too much and your next W30  will be that much easier once you get started.  Good luck.. :-)

--

I do this a lot!  I will W30 hard core like a crazy person  M-F and even on the day of the event (wedding, etc) I'll eat clean until the event, get there and then enjoy.  Sometimes though, since I've given myself permission to do that, I get there and think Meh, that isn't worth it and I'll eat what I can that is clean.

Re the "all or nothing".. ohhhh me too! Today, I had a veggie omelette for breakfast and it had cheese in it.  I ate it because it was my error for not reading the entire menu description all the way through and the restaurant was busy.  I ate it.  Then because I ate the cheese, I had a few bites of hashbrowns.  Dinner is stir fry which is compliant but the napa cabbage salad that I made to go with it, is not and I'm going to enjoy every bite of it LOL!  

Melissa addressed that exact all or nothing problem yesterday in her Dear Melissa article.  http://whole9life.com/2013/06/dear-melissa-food-as-love-and-post-whole30-crash-and-burn/ .  It's the second question.  Her words really hit home and I'm not going to worry about today's off road adventure.

Archived