Coley's Journey

ColeyD

Hi! I'm Coley, mommy of 3 and full time paramedic. I'm brand new here but am 6 months and 70lbs down from my first Whole 30!

Last March (2012) I stumbled onto the Whole 9 site and started halfway following the program. The only part I stuck to religiously was eliminating dairy because I discovered once I stopped eating dairy my asthma disappeared. I was on 3 different asthma medications for 10+ years and after just 3 days of a strict Whole30 I came off all 3 and have never gone back on them. After the first few days I allowed most foods back into my diet in small amounts but kept the dairy out because I noticed a difference in my breathing within half an hour after just a few bites of dairy. From March to December I only lost a few pounds - maybe 5-10lbs- but I *felt* so much better. (My highest ever weight was 305lbs. I know that in June 2012 I weighed 300lbs on the dot, for reference.)

In December I decided to re-attempt the Whole 30 because I remembered how good I felt when I stuck to it for those first few days and I knew I was definitely feeling less happy an energetic than I had then. I do not know what my exact "starting weight" was in December. Since December I have been almost completely following the Whole 30 guidelines because every time I add something back in a feel awful. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here. I could definitely use some support continuing on this journey :-)

Welcome! Your journey thus far has been amazing. It's great that your body gives you such clear messages about what works. Getting off those meds is monumental. I can't wait to see what the next stage of your journey brings for you.

Archived