Started Day 2: Time to Slay the Sugar Dragon!

MicheeGirl

Today is Day 2 for me (started 6/24). Yesterday went very well and was surprisingly not as hard as I thought it would be. But, I woke up with a crazy, raging headache, which I shall affectionately call "The Stupid Sugar Dragon." I suppose this is a good thing because I HATE the thought of being addicted to ANYTHING (I'm kinda a control freak sometimes), so this evidence of my body rebelling has me all fired up, saying, "OH, NO! I will NOT be controlled by you, Stupid Sugar Dragon!" So, hopefully once I get past withdrawal, I will be able to "slay" my cravings with the same attitude.  

I'm just going to take it day-by-day, baby stepping through because anyone can do anything for 30 days, right?!

For my own posterity, here's my food Log from yesterday:

Breakfast:

2 scrambled eggs with red and bell pepper

Cup of coffee with coconut cream (This tastes a lot better than I thought it would!)

Snack:

Strawberries and grapes

Macadamia nuts

Lunch:

Spinach salad with roast chicken breast, olives, EVOO and balsamic vinegar

Snack:

Mini-cucumbers

Grape tomatoes

Dinner:

Grilled pork loin chop (marinated in sherry vinegar, EVOO, garlic and onion powder, sea salt and pepper)

Grilled broccolini

Strawberries and grapes

TODAY:

Breakfast:

Spinach/strawberry/blueberry/mango/coconut milk/chia seed smoothie (I know, trying to stay away from smoothies but due to Stupid Sugar Dragon, the idea of eating eggs or anything else was nauseating, so I had to do what I had to do. It was mostly spinach!)

Coffee with coconut cream (even when I feel gross, I do love my ONE morning cup o' joe)

Snack (if I'm hungry):

Strawberries/grapes

Lunch plan:

Pork loin, sweet potato, onion, red/yellow bell peppers sauteed in olive oil, sprinkled with curry powder, sea salt, and pepper, then simmered for 5 minutes in 1/2 can coconut milk

Snack (if I'm hungry):

Mini-cucumbers and grape tomatoes

Dinner:

Probably leftover pork chops with steamed broccolini

So, there you have it! Hope everyone else is having great success!! :D

Archived