Sally's First W30

sallyk

Today is Day 0.

I went out and did a bunch of shopping so I could get myself all set up for the week. I made a batch of meatballs, roasted up a bunch of veggies, and have egg muffins currently baking in the oven.

I am feeling very prepared and excited to start my first Whole30!

Day 1

So far, so good. I had an awful sleep last night and was not feeling 100% this morning. So I went back to bed. :)

I think the first few days of the W30 are going to include a lot of experimenting. My typical pre-W30 breakfast was always overnight oats with some fruit, which is completely different from what I'm going to be eating for the next 30 days. Pretty much nothing about that meal is W30 compliant.

I think it is going to take me a few days to figure out what portions work for me. My breakfast this morning didn't keep me full for as long as I thought it would, so I am going to go back and grab another egg muffin. Tomorrow I will know to have 3 instead of two, and maybe add another tbsp of oil to my veggies.

Let's see how the rest of the day goes!

Today's plan:

M1: two egg muffins (approx. 1 - 1.5 eggs each) baked with a bit of coconut oil, mushrooms, asparagus & onions, a side of brussel sprouts drizzled with olive oil and 1/2 avocado, strawberries

M2: pork + beef meatballs in a tomato sauce, big leafy salad (also with green onions, carrots and tomatoes) with 2tbsp olive oil, 1/2 avocado

M3: baked spaghetti squash with chicken breast, mushrooms, onions, garlic and peppers sauteed in coconut oil

Day 2

It feels great to have Day 1 under my belt! My cravings were nonexistent. I'm going to chalk that up to the fact that I had no non-compliant foods around, and was prepared with plenty of grab and go eats so when meal time rolled around I didn't have to wait!

Most important thing I have learned so far:

I need to wake up at least 15 minutes earlier than usual if I want to eat my breakfast at home, at a leisurely pace

I snoozed one too many times today as well and was left scarfing brekkie. I don't like eating at my desk (I'm too out in the open), so I am going to make it a priority to get up tomorrow once my alarm goes off. No more snoozing!

Today's plan:

M1: two egg muffins (with mushrooms, asparagus & coconut oil), 1/2 a sweet potato, 1/2 an avocado - I probably could have used some more fat at this meal. A drizzle of olive oil on the sweet potato perhaps.

M2: baked spaghetti squash with meatballs and tomatoes, 1.5 tbsp olive oil

M3: Mocha Steak (SO excited to eat this), sautéed mushrooms, onions & garlic, leafy green salad

Archived