July 6 is DAY 1! BRING IT ON!

Dlynn918

Hi all! I just wanted to introduce myself and be a part of this great community! My name is Deb and I am a married, 38 year old mom of 3 and I run a part time family portrait and wedding business. I have apx 30lbs to shake and Ive been struggling with carrying this around on a small frame for a while. My youngest baby is almost 2 so Im at a point where I feel that calling it "baby weight" is a giant excuse for being glutinous! Just because I eat natural and organic foods as a lifestyle doesnt mean I can "pig out" on them and still be healthy. So Im here to not only lose weight, but to restart my body and insulin levels, and learn how to be self diciplined again. So here I go!

So, I just ate 2 eggs, 2 cups of spinach cooked in coconut oil with 2 spoonfuls of salsa and guess what? IM STILL HUNGRY! Wondering if a big bowl of berries is okay or it's too much sugar. Im already thinking about lunch...So, yeah. Thats where Im at. Any advice appreciated! :-)

Here is the scary truth that is very hard to admit to my friends, no matter to publicly:

4 years ago I was 133lbs and a size 8. Now at a size 14 here is the low down...

Weight:163.4

Waist: 40 inches

Hips: 44 inches

Here is to new beginnings!!!

Hi Deb - 

I'm starting today too!   

I'd say if you are still hungry, eat a bit more protein and fat.   That will do more for satiety than the fruit!   

Good luck! 

Hi deb!

I'm starting with my husband on Monday :)

I'd say you should eat more eggs - I can easily hold 3 jumbo eggs in my hands, which seems to be the guide. Either that, or try a different protein and a bit more fat. You could also eat more veggies!

Hi Deb--Today is my first day as well. I am scared and excited. I ate a 3 egg omelet for breakfast and then some cherries. I am not going to worry about whether the cherries are too much sugar. They say "some fruit", so I figure I can have some fruit with every meal. I am looking forward to feeling better and more fit. Good luck today!! lmt

Oh yes, Im sorry to trouble you! I have that. I thought there was something more specific. Pardon me, Im in process of retraining my brain here!!! :-) I need to keep refering to those papers to keep me on track.

I made a batch of homemade mayo for a chicken salad with grapes, celery, green onions and roasted hazelnuts for lunch in lettuce wraps. Time to go swimming! Thanks for the support. :-)

I do too - don't worry!! i'm used to eating healthy, and usually eat 10ish cups of vegies a day (love them!) so I have to train myself to eat enough protein and fat in 3 meals rather than the 5-6 i'm used to :)

the homemade mayo sounds yummy - planning on making some soon. my husband has asked for Caesar salad (without croutons) for lunch at some stage :)

Well Im on day two and I feel awesome! Although I had dreams of cheating and catching myself...kind of like leaving the house in your underwear dreams and not knowing it until your at work! lol...I am not craving carbs sugar or dairy at all!!! YAY!

I will delve into recipies soon. My organic garden is starting to take off and and I should have all sorts of fresh foods right outside my door! 

Today, I go back to the gym. Baby steps. :-)

Oh, and I have no day two hang over either. But I generally dont eat total crap all the time, maybe a little two much home made quinoa bread. Im pretty good with no preservatives and keeping it organic. But I love the carbs, and cheese and fruit with my pinot gris. And oh, all this FROYO in my face on every corner doesnt help. And being a mom, well, we eat our kids leftovers. It happens. And it catchesd up to you. So maybe the hangover wont happen. Or it will be next week...but really? I feel less bloated and more energetic already! Woo HOO!

Not sure anyone is listening but, well, I tried! Ha! :-)

I would love a veggie patch - we have lots of plans to start one in our backyard when we get around to working on that. We built our house, and the backyard is still a sandpit! One day...

Good to hear you're going we'll :) hope the gym is ok - what are you doing there?

I looked up a recipe on a paleo site. 2 cups light EVO, 2 high quality eggs, 1 tbs ACV, 1 tsp salt. I also added some white pepper. You put all the ingredients EXCEPT OIL in blender and pulse it a few times until somewhat mixed and a little frothy. Turn on blend. Pop cap center, or move the lid to the side (it does splatter a little-beware if your wearing anything nice!) and add a slow stream of oil and watch it thicken. DO NOT THROW IT ALL IN AT ONCE.

I have a friend who has her own chickens and makes it regualrly with no issue. I used a good quality local egg which is pasturized. So I wasnt worried about it. But I do prefer eggs from back yard hens better because when they free range you get the omegas. As long as you know they are fresh/local or pasturized high quality I wouldnt worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived