Cuban Food

Peaslepuff

A coworker/friend of mine wants me to go eat lunch with her at this Cuban restaurant down the street. It definitely looks tasty. She wants to go ASAP, so either the end of this week or the end of next week. I'm on day 22, but I was thinking of extending the program to see if my sciatica gets any better.

With all that in mind, do you think there's anything on this menu I can eat? http://mambos-cafe.com/menu/

I was thinking about the ropa vieja - "Braised flank steak shredded and cooked with plum tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers. In a delicate tomato sauce." I love ropa vieja, and this seems like it might be compliant, except for the possibility of the tomato sauce (could have sugar). What are your thoughts? Should I just hold her off for another couple of weeks, maybe ask for the vieja without the sauce, or try something else on the menu instead (it all looks pretty tasty)? 

Yeah, I could call them. I have this weird thing about calling people I don't know (I'm a child, I know). Or I could tell my friend that since she wants me to go, she has to call! Yesss.

I do think I'll get the Churrasco is the ropa vieja isn't compliant, though. Good call!

Archived