Attempt 3!! Slim down for my cruise!

TinkyBelly

Morning all,

Well I have officially hit day 7!!! Completely strict with not a single oops moment.

I have even reinvented my breakfasts! I was getting sick of having eggs or not having enough time to cook so I am now having my coffee and breakfast in one hit! I freeze my coffee in ice cube trays then the next morning I blend it all together with coconut milk, a bananna, cinnamon and avocado! mmmmm, its a health frappe!

I am 100% sleeping better and a sleep app on my phone says I am getting approx 10hrs sleep a night. I attribute this to not taking forever to fall asleep and not tossing and turning all night.

My face has started to clear up! I have long struggled with acne scars from my childhood and still get the odd pimple but now my rosea(pink cheeks) are getting less and I have a more even tone!

On the digestion front, I am severly lactose intolerant and partially gluten but still did eat bread. However now I am not getting any tummy rumbles or the 'uh oh' moment when shopping!

I am going on a cruise in February and I am wondering if my strength to maintain this lifestyle could last till then and help me be in the best shape of my life. (I really want to take off my robe with my bikini underneath and be lke TADA!!!)

With all these positives I am hoping it makes the next week at work a little easier to avoid temptations. Our trainees always tend to bring in some sugar filled desert for team meetings and such, so I am hoping that now I can see the positive effec that this is having, it will in turn be easier to avoid. (well thats the hope any way).

I will check in later next week to update you on these amazing changes!

Stay strong!

Nic

Hi Nic - great to hear you're feeling lots of benefits!!

I would try and eat breakfast though - your smoothie doesn't fit the template (no protein or vegies) and the program discourages drinking meals as there is a huge association between eating/chewing and feeling satisfied. Your body will also absorb/digest the liquid a lot quicker.

I should mention that this is only when I am busy and I do also nibble on left overs.

Strangely this health frappe of coffee and stuff actually keeps me fuller longer than eating breakfast, so I guess it's an individual thing.

It has quite a lot of fat with the coconut milk and avocado - that'll keep you feeling full. Perhaps when you eat breakfast, you don't have enough fat?

Hi guys,

Well day 10 is coming to a close and I think I have officially hit the 'for the love of gosling my pants are tighter' portion!

I feel frumpy and am struggling to see benefits. Which is weird cause lately I have been waking up thinking "OMG you sexy thing".

I guess I am also starting to bore with meals which just requires more planning on my part to be more creative.

I travel on Sun till Tue but got work to book an apartment so that when I get there i can cook a big roost with Vegies to have as meals for a few days. Yay!

I see my podiatrist tomorrow about the feet issues I have been having when running so I am hoping she can offer some suggestions to get me back to the wide open road. I have another race coming up and not training is not helping that or this whole30.

I love reading all the inspirational stories on here and I am hoping that with my dedication ATM at a all time high (apart from today's doldrums) that I too can be inspirational to someone as well.

Happy eating!

Nic

Woohoo!!! Day 15 done and dusted!

Today was a challenge if ever there was one, training all morning with lollies then the group wanted maccas before the long drive to our next destination, OMG that smell!! But I made it through with the help of nuts.

I have been very proud of this trip, I cooked a massive roast and veges Sunday night and I am reheating it for my meals everywhere we go! Man I get some funny looks and people who say "who your giving up so much" or "c'mon it won't hurt you". I just keep remembering that its my choice and they don't understand. I also keep looking in the mirror and shop windows which helps spur on the dedication.

Hope everyone is going well!!

Archived