Starting August 31st

mockingjay

i will be starting my first Whole 30 on August 31st.

Are there any other members starting/re-starting then?

I'll be doing the challenge with a co-worker and a close friend. I'm hoping we can all keep each other motivated.  Co-worker and I will be doing our grocery shopping on Friday, the 30th.  I plan to throw out all my junk or at least freeze it.  Goodbye, beans and cheese!

My main challenges are sweets!  I think it will be easier for me to cut the starches than the diet sodas.  But that's why I'm looking forward to this challenge!

Since I have a sort of not-so-good diet as is, I'm looking forward to feeling and looking healthier as I progress through this food journey!

I'm trying to take this week and the next as an opportunity to prepare myself, and start to gradually cut back on the sweets, diet sodas, etc.

Do any of you do any type of preparation?

Hello!  My BF and I are starting just a few days in advance of you, the 26th...  I'm a newb (as is he - he's following my lead) and I'm going to do some prep today but I'm going into TW3 kinda blind.  I figure I'll learn as I go and as long as I'm making everything myself, I should be able to at least get through the first week successfully and then I can try some fancier food combo's.

My family and I are also starting on Saturday, the 31st :)

I've been doing lots of prep work [researching recipes] and buying some staples over the past week or so. It seems like so much work and there are times where I feel awful overwhelmed, but I know it will be worth it!

We quit coffee cold turkey one week ago today...if we can get through that, we can get through anything ;)

Archived