Started August 20th

Nritchie77

Today is day 8 for me! I am feeling a lot better than I have in a long time.  I was having major chronic fatigue, my bones ached,  poor concentration, horrible acid reflux (I would literally choke on my food)... The tiredness was the worst symptom of all.  It was almost as if I was depressed, but I wasn't.  I felt like I was 80 years old.  It was horrible.  I was too tired to even work out.  

I had recently went to the doctor and did a crap load of blood test and nothing was wrong with me.  A friend told me about "It Starts With Food" so I read it, and made a commitment to change my lifestyle.  Needless to say it is working.  

The one thing that is not going so well is that I have been waking up twice a night to go pee (sorry for being so frank)!  Not sure what is causing this.  I am not drinking more fluids than I normally do.  I have always drank a good amount of water, but have not increased it.  The only thing I can think of is that because I am eating better (A LOT BETTER) my body is not holding onto water the way it use to and while I am still in detox mode I am getting rid of water??? I am probably way off.  I was just tested for diabetes so unless this dies somehow triggered it I know it is not that because my test were taken two weeks before I started this and the results came back normal.  

One last thing I had the worst migraine of my life last night??? I NEVER get headaches?  What is that from?

Thoughts, comments, suggestions!

Sorry you are experiencing the headaches and night time 'wake-ups'.  I'm new too.  Day 11 here.  I have noticed a lot more energy, staying full longer, and a HUGE change in diet!  Grocery shopping is sure different for us...how about you?

I just want to know if anyone else experienced that!  Because I am really looking forward to that great night sleep that I read about! 

I do notice a ton more energy which is what I was going for.  I haven't ran (wasn't that big of a runner to start with, but after I had my baby she is almost 1 I decided to give it a try) in 6 months.  I decided to run yesterday and ran for a full 60 minutes and could have kept going. It felt so good!  I could breath, I had a ton of energy, I felt AMAZING!!!

Ya, grocery shopping has changed drastically.  One thing that was hard is I don't have a whole foods or trader joe's in my area so finding compliant food was a little difficult at first but is getting easier.  I do like all the compliments at the check stand WOW your family eats healthy!  I'm like YA I KNOW!  HAHA

I wake up less at night!

You say you aren't holding on to water the same - are you salting your food? If you're coming for a diet eating more processed food you'll be getting a lot less salt...you need to add some good quality salt to help with hydration! That could be making you have to get up at night...

My worst headaches were day 8 and 9, pretty sure it's normal!

I am putting sea salt on everything that I have been making.  Maybe I need to add a little bit more and see.  

I made the Peach Kabobs on NomNomPaleo's website last night and they were amazing...But I got the worst headache ever after eating it... Probably just coincidence.

I was reading on another forum here that some balsamic has sulfites in it.  I checked all three of my bottles that I have here and low-and-behold all three of the bottles contain that!!!  Do I have to start Whole30 completely over? 

Nritchie- I am on day 7, and your story sounds similar to mine (though I haven't started getting headaches yet, knock on wood).  But this is my first time venturing into a sleep forum because I have noticed that I've actually been getting LESS sleep than before because I'm waking up so early. Yesterday I got my day 6 email, which talks about the importance of going to bed early and in the DARK to get more sleep. Before I was still going to bed at around 11-12 pm and waking up at 4 or 6 am to pee or whatever and then was hungry and couldn't go back to bed. You might want to try going to sleep earlier since getting up early is a part of the plan anyway, and also of course not drinking tons of water before bed.  I'm still working on that, too.  Good luck!

Archived