September 1st Whole30 for Crohns Disease

casey roth

Hi This is my first Whole30.  Iv been doing the Paleo thing for a few months now but the occasional off track moment.  I have been diagnosed with Crohns disease for 10 years now and 6 surgerys & numerous unsuccessful med trials later with more active crohns I am searching for something else! With the results iv had from paleo I am very excited to see the results from the Whole30.  Im tracking my progress on this and other non-food related things im trying on Instagram under @savihealing4crohns. Looking forward and nervous at the same time to the next 30 days :D Casey

Good Luck! I think you are in the right place. With any IBD you need to adjust what you eat. I don't do FODMAPS or nightshades. I also did an AIP Whole 30 and found that eggs cause me problems when I reintroduced them. Keep a good food log and track how you feel after each meal.

My sister has pretty much cured her Crohn's with this lifestyle. She has had it for nearly 20 years and no meds or medical interventions have helped her much. I will say that her "problem" foods have proven to be soy (big time), gluten, eggs and refined sugar. So she eats Whole30 pretty much 24/7 and her Crohn's symptoms have all but disappeared. She also juices a lot, which I know is not encouraged on W30. She knows precisely which foods are safe for her and which foods she needs to avoid like the plague and lives happily and healthily within those boundaries. Good luck!

Archived