Started the Whole 30 on Sept 23rd.

dfleming

Hello everyone!

I am new to all this. I have the book, and a cookbook. My daughter in law is doing it and so we're helping each other. She began before me, after some of her co-workers were doing great on it.

I worked in a Dr.'s office that was full of bad food of every kind, every day. Needless to say I put wt on over the years. I'm 56 and the weight just won't come back off! 

I recently had my job there eliminated, plus we bought a new house, and I began to loose some wt for the first time in yrs! Not being around all that food, and working so hard at moving! I've lost some more in just the couple weeks that I've been doing this. I'm very excited and plan to do the best I can to continue.

I'm catching on to all the cooking. To me it's a lot of planning and making things. Since I'm still not working I can put the time into it all, and hopefully it will become second nature when I enter into a new job! Funny thing....I may get into the office that my daughter in law is in and it will be easy to keep eating healthy!

I joined this group to get support, and new ideas on things to make to eat. Sometimes I have questions that I just can't find answers to. You all seem very helpful!

:rolleyes: 

Welcome! I can tell you that doing a Whole 30 is difficult but so worth it.

My wife and I are on Day 27 of our second Whole 30 and here are some of the things that help us succeed. Definitely get recipes from as many paleo sources as possible while realizing that the Whole 30 doesn't allow what other paleo recipes may include and just adjust the recipe according to Whole 30. The variety keeps things interesting. I have Nom Nom Paleo, Simply Paleo, and Paleo Parents bookmarked on my computer so I can access them easily. Great ideas and recipes can be found in all of them. I also just Google something to see whats out there. If I have chicken breasts in the fridge and cant decide what to do with them, I will just google "paleo chicken breast recipes" and go from there.

The daily emails that Whole 30 provides for $14.95 were a great resource for us during our first Whole 30 because they tell you what you can expect during the 30 days and also how to deal with what you are experiencing. Great recipes are included as well.

Take some time to delve into the forums. You can find support, ideas and recipes in there also.

Good luck!!

Thanks! The hardest thing for me is breakfast. I'm used to Special K cereal. But I can only figure out to eat eggs. I'm so tired of eggs right now. I love them but I just feel like gagging as I eat them these days. Any good ideas? I have googled it and haven't really found anything. I put all kinds of veggies and meats in them. I'll look around more here and see what I find.

Thanks!

If you're tired of eggs then by all means stop eating them. It will get to the point where you will dread breakfast because of seemingly having no options and that may sabotage your Whole 30 efforts. Be creative. As GF Chris said in the post above, leftovers from the night before are a great alternative. I recently had steak with grilled vegetables for breakfast that was leftover from the night before.

So much of what we eat is how we've been conditioned to eat and that's what the Whole 30 is all about, breaking away from that mold that we've been in for all our lives. Try googling "eggless paleo breakfast ideas" and see what you find. Your post inspired me to do it and there were a lot of great recipes and ideas that came up. So I thank you for putting the idea in my head. Good luck!

Archived