Day one July 21st

4sara4

I've been meaning to go paleo since my sister and her boyfriend did after he was diagnosed with MS. (From an article that I'd read- actually a TED talk from an MD in Iowa City who recovered from MS w essentially a strict paleo diet.)

I've been a vegetarian for the last 6 years but have restarted eating fish the last few months, so I think that with Fish and eggs and a healthy love for veggies, I should be ok to get onto this.

The thing is, that when I am feeling a bit low, or overstretched at work or unloved, I have a tendency to want bread and sugar and chocolate. And when I am not really eating those things, I have no cravings for them.

So I truly believe the paleo is the way to go, even if I am/was veg, (yet I am not sure if I can return to meat fully, at least not yet). I've read a lot on in over the last few mos, and I am starting the plunge now... I don't mean to start this for 30 days, I mean to start it for life.

I've already tossed my scale years ago. It always made me feel bad about myself. The number was never right.

Sara

Hi Sara,

Welcome. I'm on Day 9 of Whole 30 and am finding it remarkably liveable...this from an inveterate diet breaker. I had to eat out once and I was able to do that with ease, though I avoid it mostly. I, too, plan to live like this. I am eating extremely well, as in tasty and wholesome, and am so grateful to the generosity of this forum. It truly makes a difference.

Day one was pretty good. I had some urges for something that maybe I should not have but I qwelled them pretty fast... I am ok once I set my mind to a project... I wasn't a daily bread/grain/beans eater so that part was not hard. I had been having a bit too much sugar lately and dairy. It's nice to just shut it off. I made myself two eggs for dinner and some sauteed veggies. Yum.

Archived